Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

a small bit of history about systematic annex by death trades who played with em, hope you dont mind me copying that here, but i think the mods will moan if we keep off topic in that other thread :P

"just for starters, i remember Mick from the centre driving us to London, where we did a gig with around a dozen other bands. It had been organised by CONFLICT and i think it was in Golders Green? or Lewisham? the pub was the Tigers Head anyway.

After our set, Mark and Shaun went to the toilets and a couple of big guys dressed in black came in behind the, first they thought they were gonna get a kicking, until one of them introduced themselves as members of conflict and that they wanted to put us on their Mortarhate compilation.

I also remember being offered a slot at a festival at the marcus Garvey centre in Nottingham , by Flux of pink indians....as me and kev were well into them, i was wetting myself about doing a gig with them...Mark was more a Rudimentary Peni fan. We sat in a corner of the hall all day, sat with the poet Joolz, buit no-one approached us....watched Flux do their bit... watched a few more...Crass came on...Chumbawamba went on....then Kev got peed off and went to find Colin from Flux...only to be told that unfortunately, the owners had been asked to wind the event down and no more bands were going on.....aaaaaaghhhhhhhh.

We used to support Chumbawamba, before they went Tubthumping and occupied the peace church just up from Sheffield cathedral ...I remember a reggae band going on before us and shorting out the P.A LOL... then a guy turns up and gets a silver foil wrapper from a Wrigleys and rolls it tight....then puts it in the plug for the P.A- then we went on...i was cacking myself."

so far the only bit of systematic annex i know is this

GIGS

FRI MAR 23RD: SHEFFIELD - ???? Peace Squat Squat gig with Passion KIllers, chumbawamba

24th april 1986 sheff hallamshire hotel with toxic toys, and no dead meat - my first ever gig, i only knew systematic annex then :P

--------------------------------------------------------

death trades featured on the motorhate label comp lp

Various Artists

We Won't Be Your ****ing Poor! 2x12"

Label(s): Mortarhate

Format: 2x12"

Tracks: 32

Year Released: 1985

Catalogue Number(s): MORT 13

i know mad mickey flannagan was thanked on systematics bit of that album, if i remember rightly (i used to own it, i dont now :( )

we used to play that album all the time at the youth club in the community centre purely cos systematic annex were on it :P

Mickey Flanagan, I would love to know what he is doing now...he did loads for us.

Just finished downloading the file, can't thank you enough...

I feel saddened and elated at the same time... resist to exist was wriiten around my bass line, but this recording isn't me....most weird.

Who? however, definetly IS ME and I'd forgotten all about it LOL...

even Miffy will have trouble remembering it.

Oh... Death Trades, that's me as well.. bass a bit out of tune... done at a bloke's house in Woodhouse, i seem to recall he was called Ken hargeaves, sadly, he's probably not around, he was getting on then...

I remember Mark laying a second guitar track down and I was sat next door listening with Kev and Shaun...

there was a convection heater on the wall and Shaun told me to just tap my forearm on it... I asked why and he just said: just do it... so i did - Doh... he jumped on me and held my arm on it....a mass of raised red dots that stung like crap for the next two days....cheers williams, you ****, LOL