Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

LOL...I forgot to mention.. when i left systematic annexe, i auditioned for HULA... I went to Nort's place up Abbeydale Road and jammed with the band in Nort's basement... they then gave me all their red Rhino label EP's to learn the bass lines... i chickened out, cos Nort had loads of polaroids in his house sporting erections/ loads of bowls with cat food and loads of bedside clocks all stuck at 2 o' clock... my mum drove me down to leave the ep's on his doorstep saying i had joined another band.... 6 months later, i read the NME to discover that HULA supported Depeche Mode and even played Wembley...AAAAAGGGGGHHH

LOL...I forgot to mention.. when i left systematic annexe, i auditioned for HULA... I went to Nort's place up Abbeydale Road and jammed with the band in Nort's basement... they then gave me all their red Rhino label EP's to learn the bass lines... i chickened out, cos Nort had loads of polaroids in his house sporting erections/ loads of bowls with cat food and loads of bedside clocks all stuck at 2 o' clock... my mum drove me down to leave the ep's on his doorstep saying i had joined another band.... 6 months later, i read the NME to discover that HULA supported Depeche Mode and even played Wembley...AAAAAGGGGGHHH

LOL

which leads us nicely onto media premonition :P

i have a demo tape of them that nort co produced

which ive ripped, not sure im supposed to share that tho tbh

by the way i always remember shaun and kev (i think) used to walk round dressed as adam and the ants in the real early eighties, did you too?

i know its a bit of an embarrassing question, sorry :P

on the sleeve of the demo it says copyright 1984/1985

ive always believed anathema was 1984 and systematic annex was 1985

correct? obviously youll only know when you guys recorded yours

1985 wouldve been the year i left school :P

lol ive got so many questions about systematic, sorry dude :P

just a band ive always loved but dont know anything about, even tho i knew members of (mainly cos i was a bit young, you guys were a few years older than me)

could you type out the list of songs and put which songs you actually played on and which you know the others were on?

ill try and compile as much info about systematic and make a webpage if thats ok?

LOL, really? I joined them in 84, so I only knew kev and shaun with mohawks...they had an interview in the sheffield star music section and they said they were looking for a bass player. i rang kev and he got mick to come and pick me up in the community centre van, me living all the way out in burncross...i wsh i had mor recordings and photos ...i imagine kev has loads. shaun went onto join a psychobilly band that had a huge following, but none of us are playing in bands. when i get together with mark, we end up jamming to RHCP, pearl jam, STP, soundgarden etc...BUT NOT ADAM AND THE ANTS LOL...

shaun went onto join a psychobilly band that had a huge following,

the radiacs?

when i search for systematic annex on google, theres 1 tape that comes up on peoples trades lists..........a demo with mdc live on the other side, dont have a clue if its the acceptance demo or something else, dont think theres any live systematic out there either :( shame

ive only ever seen one copy of the acceptance demo and thats what i have

aaahhhh your not a woodhouser like the rest of em then?

LOL

which leads us nicely onto media premonition :P

i have a demo tape of them that nort co produced

which ive ripped, not sure im supposed to share that tho tbh

As a former member of Media Premonition - I'm about 100% certain nobody would mind.

Also - I read an earlier post about Feral - I did that gid at the Hallamshire as the drummer (the bass pedal broke half way through, which buggered me a bit as I couldn't really play drums in the first place). I remember the plague dogs were in the audience. The singer was Simone. I didn't last long with them.

Also - The Nihilistics just had a weekend get together to practice for the reunion gig at the Grapes on 13 Sept. Will be a good night for all Sheffield 80s band nostalgics - we'll have plenty of local old stuff on in between bands.

cool thats 2 demos i may be able to share :)

its the nitro karaoke ep tape, if that makes a difference?

any ex ggf members in the audience? :P

ive seen feral twice according to my book, cant remember if ive already said, said it again just incase :)

anybody know owt about swampwalk? are they a sheff band? i seem to have seen them...with truth decay once, i cant remember em tbh