Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

• 2 weeks later...
If you are in contact with BMR Chris - tell him hey up from Terry. We were in the ill-fated Steel City Anarchist Group together, about a generation ago.

Chris and his new band will be up in Sheffield 19th October doing a gig at the Red House

sounds like a different room!

fcs (and plague dogs) rehearsed at bailey street in the attic, and the happening men/ dylans crowd were on the ground floor for a while.

:)

Christ knows how many bands have practiced on Bailey Street! Lost count of how many times I fell out of Rebels and ended up in there ........ anyway, a couple of metal bands I remember from the (very) early 90's were Systematic Insanity and Reprobate, a very dodgy indie/rock band called Fool's Gold (ahem), and (I'll get slaughtered for this) Candy Paige from the late 80's ..........

Christ knows how many bands have practiced on Bailey Street! Lost count of how many times I fell out of Rebels and ended up in there ........ anyway, a couple of metal bands I remember from the (very) early 90's were Systematic Insanity and Reprobate, a very dodgy indie/rock band called Fool's Gold (ahem), and (I'll get slaughtered for this) Candy Paige from the late 80's ..........

think i knew members of those, forgot about em tbh

anybody got any info, band members etc?

think i knew members of those, forgot about em tbh

anybody got any info, band members etc?

Can't remember the names from Systematic Insanity, but I know most of them used to live in Firth Park/Shiregreen, and used to go in the Wharncliffe. Can see the guitarist clearly in my head ....... I think Lee (who's now a glass collector in t'Corp) used to knock about with them too. I think they played a few gigs with Boltthrower??????

Somewhere I've got Reprobate's demo on tape - I did have the original, but that went west a long, long time ago ........

Just one week to go till the Nihilistics 19th anniversary reunion gig at The Grapes - featuring Pete fcs, Paul of SLBC/Media Premonition and Tim - AKA Techno Ken etc.

Just £3 on the door.

Will play old tracks by lots of old Sheffield bands between bands.

Latest news - Dog Canute are going to play this night as well - anyone who liked Midnight Choir will enjoy them.