Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

lol does he write under an assumed name? normally a womans? for that sort of thing

he doesn't do it anymore!

but yes he did sign his stories "Si Spencer". If you hang around enough mucky book shops, you will see his name in old editions of Forum.

:hihi:

Hi Pete,

I'm going to attempt to e-mailyou that hard stuff broadcast as mp3. Let me know if you get it

Mick

thanks mick!

i remember the broadcast well! i listened to it in me new bath in me new flat on kelvin flats. just moved back from liverpool.

felt great to be in a tub of hot water listening to the f*** city s***ters!

STOP PRESS

uploaded said track today. no sound on my pc so not checked this, but in theory, if you load this page, the music will play in the background.

the copyright is owned by the fcs and there is no swearing on the audio, but a few f***'s in the text owing to the name of the band.

aaaaah in fact the link has swearing in so you'll have to do it like this:

type "freewebs.com" then forward slash, then the full name of the acronym "fcs" (no "the") and follow the link on the left that says "free track".

pete

oh yeah, i remember trolley dog shag and hole in the wall gang :)

how about dumpys rusty nuts too for an older one, always used to see their posters on walls everywhere

They were a Sheff band? Greebo music?

Saw them at reading in 87. Don't remember much though, except that Dumpy came on stage on a motorbike (wow :rolleyes:)

Pete - it works!!

Sounds really good too!

T

fantastic terry!

that means i can begin to add more tracks. the next one i want to upload is "expose yourself" by exit, who consisted of:

me - bass

dave chaos - drums

andy assle - voclas

johnny gleadless - guitar

we were the best punk band in sheffield during the years 1990 - 1992.

in fact just his minute created this website, although so far had trouble uploading my favourite exit track, but some exit info is available here:

http://www.freewebs.com/sheffieldexit/index.htm

:)

They were a Sheff band? Greebo music?

Saw them at reading in 87. Don't remember much though, except that Dumpy came on stage on a motorbike (wow :rolleyes:)

This all brings back a lot of memories...

Trolley Dog Shag were a grebo band - lots of hair & denim & Stooges covers - great band - their bassist, Steve Mackey, ended up in Pulp - though after a haircut & image change!

Dumpy played (or still does come to that) biker type blues/R&B - he didnt live in Sheffield - just played here every other week...

Melthebell,

Thanks for starting this thread, not only has it put me in touch with Pete from FCS to exchange memories, but has rekindled my enthusiasm for the whole band scene of the time. Its only the big names (league,ABC Cabs etc) that are ever thought of in association with Sheffield but there was a mass of musical activity in sheffield at this time. Its just unfortunate that the record company moguls seemed to visit for a fortnight before legging it to Manchester for the next 10 years.

Anyway I have loads of stuff by my band and many others and could contact most for permission if this sheffield website thing gets going

Cheers

Mick