Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

Originally posted by melthebell

haHAHA nice one ......cant you stay in a band longer than 10 minutes?

i was in most of them for about three or four years, sometimes three at once, although ogi mcgrath of dig vis drill says i'm a "band slut"

i cant remember you in GGF i saw them loads, used to know john a bit........i have all my gigs ive seen written down with dates / locations :) and ive seen GGF loads....i still have a demo tape too somewhere

i joined them end of 1988, did one gig at the lower refec with "slammer" (feb 89 i think) then i left as bassist ben moved to london and wanted us to rehearse there!

media premonition i have a demo of

slbc i have a 12"

saw slbc play their final gig last week, they are still recording

carpainters? aaaaaah i never knew what bands mixmif was in after slopdosh bobbar etc, i hung around with mixmif loads
:)

went to mixmif's last night to pick up the dolebusters 86 video!

Originally posted by melthebell

The Bland?

did you go to the blands party in chesterfield?

that was a laugh, first time i ever met jules that R.I.P

you mean they had a party and didn't invite me?! lol...not seen them for years, the last i heard rat was working in virgin megastore according to the word on the streets...

i even unofficially played for the bland once too! their drummer fell off his stool at the maze bar...to p..ssed to drum, so it had been pre-arranged that i would take over on the night!

Originally posted by pete_fcs

you mean they had a party and didn't invite me?! lol...not seen them for years, the last i heard rat was working in virgin megastore according to the word on the streets...

i even unofficially played for the bland once too! their drummer fell off his stool at the maze bar...to p..ssed to drum, so it had been pre-arranged that i would take over on the night!

c00l lol

next time you see mixmif tell him im around on here (sean who HAD the green mohican and his mum worked with yours) see if he appears on here, dunnoif he has access tbh

• 5 months later...

just to fill a few bits in ...

plague dogs

lou left went to manchester became sound engineer and moved again

to macclesfield ... charlie went on to do several different jobs

and i ran away with swamp circus, and did a few bands as drummer

meld, the brew, shadwell's coat, tablet

and then joined

blind mole rat - became spitboy didn't they? two of us joined spithead

chris later played a while with a circus band ice cream men, the selecter and

chu nah mi .

after more circus with chris i started tarana which is going to go on til my tattoo wears off.

another band from those times was dead by friday who are back on the go and one of the best you could see.

just to fill a few bits in ...

plague dogs

lou left went to manchester became sound engineer and moved again

to macclesfield ... charlie went on to do several different jobs

and i ran away with swamp circus, and did a few bands as drummer

meld, the brew, shadwell's coat, tablet

and then joined

blind mole rat - became spitboy didn't they? two of us joined spithead

chris later played a while with a circus band ice cream men, the selecter and

chu nah mi .

after more circus with chris i started tarana which is going to go on til my tattoo wears off.

another band from those times was dead by friday who are back on the go and one of the best you could see.

i have a spithead tape, used to have an album i think, saw em a few times

used to write to john abit, are they still going?

I was in Blind Mole Rat (mandolin & guitar) from 93 to 95 when the band split up. (Actually we 'reformed' for a one off surprise gig the following year for Ken (who ran the old Independent Bookshop opposite the Town Hall.) who was a great friend of the band. I've not heard from anyone else in the band for ages. I think Rob Overdrive and Robin Down are still in Sheffield, though. Rob plays violin in Tarana.

I know one of the lads out of the Bendy Monsters.

I'll point him this way when I'm next in work.

cool

i used to go to school with dom bradshaw, jim herring, Pat Hancock and Andy Fjord?? i think, wasnt he also called andy peacock i believe???

i was in contact with dom and pat via email for a while

i really want to contact jim herring tho, i was his best mate at school, not seen him in about properly in well over 10 years maybe more, apart from the odd bendys gigs........last time i heard from dom he said jim was trying to get a pc, not heard owt since