Bracken hill camp, near chapeltown

Is this the High Green camp where the Angram Bank estate is now? I didn't know there was one at Bracken Hill. The High Green camp is documented on several web sites as either Potters Hill or Potter Hill.

No, there was one at potter hill as well, its the bracken hill one i lived at

I live on that estate now. Can't find it documented anywhere but one of the neighbours has a photo or two of the old huts before they where knocked down to build the estate.

The only other clue I can think of to back up the location is that a couple of the streets are named after British military hero's. Raleigh, Mountbatten, Drake?????

If a photo is any good to you, drop me a pm.

Jim:thumbsup:

I lived on what was known as the top road, Springfield Road, can remember Mountbatten, but I was only 7 years old at that time. When we got married we lived on Millbank Close on Charleton Brook estate. We now live in Scotland at the mouth of the River Spey. I have managed to find one photo but would love to see more, How do i do that, what's a pm?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I live at bracken hill and went to the infants school that was on the camp from 1950 to 1952 approx. The school was adapted from the camp offices, canteen, etc.

Also pupils were 'bused in' from the Parsons Cross area every day.

I remember the camp very plainly, as school friends lived in the houses that were created out of the prisoner huts.

Archived