Help needed to post an ad

I am trying to post a new ad because I have got some items I want to sell. When i click on 'post an ad' it tells me that i have to have 5 posts on already before i can post an ad. can any one tell me why? what do i do?

please help!!!!!

You need to have made five posts on Sheffield Forum before you can post an ad. You've made one so far (or at least you had when I started replying).

Have a look around the forum to see which topics you find interesting, and post a reply. When you've made five posts in total, you'll be able to post an ad.

Please note that nonsense posts like 'dfgdfkgdkf' or 'I'm just posting this to get my post count up so I can post an ad' will be deleted when spotted ;) .

Think it's something to do with stopping companies etc mass marketing. It's nothing personal it's the same for everyone who wants to sell something. As for your 5 posts, it is simply that you've already posted one so you can just reply to 4 other threads on the forum. You can always send a message to the moderators on here, they're the best people to ask why 5 posts are necessary; my statement is just a guess.

Hope the above helps.

You need to have made five posts on Sheffield Forum before you can post an ad. You've made one so far (or at least you had when I started replying).

Have a look around the forum to see which topics you find interesting, and post a reply. When you've made five posts in total, you'll be able to post an ad.

Please note that nonsense posts like 'dfgdfkgdkf' or 'I'm just posting this to get my post count up so I can post an ad' will be deleted when spotted ;) .

See how quick the moderators are to help? Hecate got in before i could offer my advice.:hihi:

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

You are only allowed to have a maximum of eight ads live at any one time. As you have used your full "quota" you won't be able to post any more until at least one expires. This happens automatically 14 days after each ad was posted.

If anyone else has problems using the classifieds, please create a support ticket using the "Help and Contact Us" link on the left hand side of any forum page.

Archived