Does Bomber Graham have a stall in Castle Market?

Indeed it was a jewellers, back in the mid 80's, called Arnold And Grahams.It used to be next door to the chemist and Maces pet shop opposite the shoe shop near the open air tattin' stalls on Castle Gate.

I believe it is now in the Castle Market downstairs and the two women that run it, also used to work in the original shop.

(If I remember correctly, these ladies, or it might have been Brendan Ingle) had a curtain stall in the old Sheaf Market.

I may be wrong (I probably am, but i remember when I was on my YTS back in the eighties, my placement was Bradshaws Fruit and Veg shop in Fitzalan Sq, and Mr Bradshaw (RIP) had quite a few properties and sometimes he'd send me down to the stall to fetch curtains for the houses and I remember speaking to Mr Ingle on numerous occasions whilst I was there.)

Maybe someone can confirm or correct this for me in case I am wrong!

The jewellery stall belonging to Bomber Graham was near the Park Square Roundabout entrance, on the "back" wall of the old Sheaf Market, next to Turner's tool stall.

As I understand it, there are two stalls/ shops, now. One is downstairs in the Castle Market, near the glassed lift, (the one "jesus" mentions above) and I believe the jewellers on the outside of Castle Market, near the Lloyds Chemist also belongs to him.

I don't remember Brendan Ingle having a stall in the market, back in 1980/ 81/ 82 he worked for a YOPS scheme as a tutor/ supervisor based at the building which became "SCCAU", "Sheffield Co-ordinating Centre Against Unemployment" in latter years (Not sure what it is used for now).

Brendan is a smashing, unassuming chap.

Archived