Yewlands school past

Guest Dave Ellis

• 6 months later...
I left in 82 - Topham (PE) was like the thinking man's Howard Wilkinson <g>, he had a young chap with him called Merriman? who used to hunt down the female hockey teacher - who was a real tiger on the sports pitch...

McKenzie - the mad art teacher and Colin Tanser the music teacher - who looked like he was catweazels twin brother - I was in CJ Fullers class - he was a creep and was convicted in the late 80's for 'having pictures of young children' - we always knew he was a freak and its a pity no adults noticed !

I must have been there about the same time as you !!!

I remember the English Teacher Mr Topham (old man Topham) who would begin most classes by telling the troublemakers to get outside the class so that there was no disruption. We read some amazing books in his class.....

I also remember Mr Fuller, we went on a school trip to France and some of the boys caught him looking under the blinds at the girls getting ready for bed. We all agreed he should get a good pasting from a group of 15 year olds (which he did...) instead of reporting him to the other teachers as he was a total perv....

Was anyone else on that trip ???

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...