Hot Chestnut Seller - Campo Lane

Smithowls

Hi there "ironbar", i've spoken with Roy & he thinks you have got him confused with Haydn Ellis.........who does have a driving school, but Roy doesn't.....the driving school he thinks you are referring to is the one that was run by his uncle Ted.........Most of the 'Old Guard' have now left the council, but there are still a few of us left over from the good old days.... (S.C.C.E) :help:..........if you still want to contact Roy, PM me, & i'll give you his details, all the best, & keep smilin' :D :D Alan Jones.

Cheers ( ALAN) RAIZULI 3 i stand erected Roy is right i'm mixed up with HAYDON ELLIS it's the tablets you know :loopy: .

• 2 weeks later...
I must be another old fart, I remember a hot chestnut man near the steps down from Flat st down to Pond st

I remember geting nuts here when i went to work with my dad aged 10 or 11 in the early seventies, remember the scene every time i have chestnuts, going to have some tonight

• 1 year later...

I remember the chestnut seller on Snig Hill in the earlie 60's, it was always a treat on a winter evening on my way home from school (St Peter's) to Darnall.

Like many others on here, the smell of roasted chestnuts take you straight back.

Archived