Wokmania, West Street

Akposodje

Been this afternoon while out shopping. We had walked past and it smelled really nice.

It was rank. Poor choice, bland and cold on the whole. Deserts were OK though.

We had been in a few times when it first opened and was good but can't see us going again.

Been this afternoon while out shopping. We had walked past and it smelled really nice.

We had been in a few times when it first opened and was good but can't see us going again.

Yeah me and the OH have a similar experience a few months ago. When it first opened it was great, took the in-laws there and really impressed by the food.

Last time we went the manager was shouting at staff in front of customers, the choice of food was repetitive, cold and poor quality, and to top it off JUST before my wife put a mouth full of jelly in her mouth she luckily spotted a piece of broken glass in it.

Needless to say we weren't impressed and have not been since.

PS. Yes we did complain whilst we were there and did not pay for our food and told them take the jelly off otherwise I'd phone an EHO to come down.

i went for my neices birthday meal a few weeks ago and i wouldnt even eat anything i was that unimpressed with it! the tables were drity to the point where your arms and hands stuck to them, the staff were ignorant, rude and didnt know what to do if we asked them anything! plus they didnt have a lot of the stuff on the drinks menu and when we finally managed to pick something they had it took them nearly 30 mins to bring it to us! i refused to eat my neice and a few others did though and they were so unimpressed with it that they gt half the bill knocked off! but i will NOT go back there as all reports are its rubbish but i suppose its good for some people and each to their own i guess.

i went for my neices birthday meal a few weeks ago and i wouldnt even eat anything i was that unimpressed with it! the tables were drity to the point where your arms and hands stuck to them, the staff were ignorant, rude and didnt know what to do if we asked them anything! plus they didnt have a lot of the stuff on the drinks menu and when we finally managed to pick something they had it took them nearly 30 mins to bring it to us! i refused to eat my neice and a few others did though and they were so unimpressed with it that they gt half the bill knocked off! but i will NOT go back there as all reports are its rubbish but i suppose its good for some people and each to their own i guess.

You should have - would have tasted better than the food there....

It's an all you can eat restaurant, it's never going to be really good quality.

It's an all you can eat restaurant, it's never going to be really good quality.

Naff off! silly thing to say

I know a all you can eat buffet restaurant in Burton on Trent called Wing Wah

It's brillaint, they put out top food and therefore the place is really busy all the time!

food isn;t sitting there long because its busy!

Brilliant place, so if they decided to just increase quality, the place would be busier, and dishes would be turned over faster! not cold!

We're just unluicky in sheffield to not have a good place.. i've only been to number1 and wing wah and both pretty pathetic!

I'm sticking to Wong Ting for Chinese or generally, sticking to Japanese Food!

Naff off! silly thing to say

I know a all you can eat buffet restaurant in Burton on Trent called Wing Wah

It's brillaint, they put out top food and therefore the place is really busy all the time!

food isn;t sitting there long because its busy!

Brilliant place, so if they decided to just increase quality, the place would be busier, and dishes would be turned over faster! not cold!

We're just unluicky in sheffield to not have a good place.. i've only been to number1 and wing wah and both pretty pathetic!

I'm sticking to Wong Ting for Chinese or generally, sticking to Japanese Food!

If it's going top cost me £6.90 for as much as I want, I won't be expecting the earth.

Some places may be ace, this one does what it says on the tin.

i prefer the new flaming dragon at valley centertainment - it was gorgous they came round with brazilian flamed meats for ppl to try

no offence, why would i want brazilian food if ive gone to a chinese buffet? :huh:

that aside, im not a fan of chinese food in the uk, but i have to admit that wok mania has fitted the bill when ive had it. like grim reaper said, i havent expected the earth and as katy mentioned the tables were sticky every time ive been.

but, i havent expected what id class as proper chinese food (i didnt get it, needless to say! :rolleyes:) but i have anticipated and looked forward to a meal of deep fried, clog your arteries by looking at it and potentially cold food...and thats what ive had...along with pour it yourself mr whippy ice cream.

despite that, the last few times, the blow has been softened by the fact we have had the strongest martinis know to man, on special offer (and before weve eaten!) so we didnt really care that much.

if you want good chinese food, dont go to wok mania...but if you want to fill your boots with rice noodles, rice, martinis and ice cream, i cant think of a better place.

x

LOL! Loving the Banter :hihi:

Restaurant Chains like Wokmainia will always have problems with quality & staff issues as THE OWNER is hardly ever there, that's the problem with running a Business if you don't put your personal input into it then you'll end up with staff that just want a easy number & don't give a Hoot :mad:

I've been twice to Wokmainia, I knew what i was getting myself into so was not dissapointed because I predicted some problems :rolleyes:

Archived