Smith Sayles insurance, on the Wicker.

maxofe

must be! i know the family home (grandma sayles) was on hucklow road, perhaps my great grandma......just off to see if i can dig out the family tree....

as you go over hucklow from firth it was on the righthand i think it was the 4 house in a block of 4 big houses either the 3 or 4th

used to go there with my mother it must in the war time round 1940

hope that helps

as you go over hucklow from firth it was on the righthand i think it was the 4 house in a block of 4 big houses either the 3 or 4th

used to go there with my mother it must in the war time round 1940

hope that helps

thankyou woollen. about the only thing i do know about her/them is which house it is, and you are correct, as you face those houses it is the end one on the left.........but that is the sum of my knowledge! i know absolutely nothing about the sayles brance of the family as my late uncle only seemed to research smith, howard and wordsworth :( and only up to aprox 1929.

anything you know or remember would be greatly received!

@sham69er.....smith sayles is deffo in that block of fried chicken shops, the second one in i think. i havent been down the wicker in years, but as it happens i have to be on snig hill tomorrow so am going to have a look :)

thanks all

thankyou woollen. about the only thing i do know about her/them is which house it is, and you are correct, as you face those houses it is the end one on the left.........but that is the sum of my knowledge! i know absolutely nothing about the sayles brance of the family as my late uncle only seemed to research smith, howard and wordsworth :( and only up to aprox 1929.

anything you know or remember would be greatly received!

@sham69er.....smith sayles is deffo in that block of fried chicken shops, the second one in i think. i havent been down the wicker in years, but as it happens i have to be on snig hill tomorrow so am going to have a look :)

thanks all

sorry i cant help you any more i was about 10 years at that time

Archived