Daffodil Road And The House That Burnt Down

Arch Stanton

right i might be able to shed some lite on all this i lived at no:38 daffodil road went i was about 10 witch is 30 years ago

as for the scary church that was the one across from the chippy it only looked scary cos it was set back in the grounds we went to sunday school there loved every bit of it all the shows we used to put on st hilders that wasnt scary at all there was always rummers as a kid of churches been haunted i was christend at st hilders to.

Was this the church/chapple at the side of the post office? I'm only asking because i used to live at no 3 daffodil rd up untill 1981 (10y/o)

• 2 months later...

wow carol wot a memory lol i remember it exactly how you describe it.i used to have a paper round morning and night , delivered all round flats , roman ridge pub (used to have to paddle to deliver to the side door) , windmill lane, back down bracken rd, what a killer especially on a sunday morning. remember sunday school having to sing along to the woman with the guitar, was her name sue ? Also waiting inline at the grocery shop and i used to hear all the gossip and us kids could get sweets from one side of the shop while food was served at the other side.

its amazing what i do remember since finding this site. yes her name was sue soon as ya said women with guitar i new the name b4 reading rest i wouldnt have thought of her till ya mentioned it lol. remember he shows we used to put on i remember doing the bucksfizz dance making ya mindup where we pulled our skirts off at the end lol in a bloody church ffs that wouldnt happen now.

think our lisa was one of the flower girls for one of the queens. i remember me dad buying us 3 girls a new dress for mayday i hated it i used to play in the tar it was the only time me dad got me out of my jeans fred perry and monkey boots lol.

Archived