Wardsend Cemetery - Can anyone help

beaubon

Hi beaubon - the deaths index shows a Sarah A. Beaumont who died aged 66 in the Sheffield registration district in Jan-Mar 1960 (Vol. 2d Page 169). This could well be your Gran, especially as it seems she was born in April-June 1893.(Sarah Annie Pontefract, born in the Ecclesall Bierlow district - Vol. 9c Page 455) and so would have been 66 in the first quarter of 1960.

The deaths index also shows that a John A. Beaumont died aged 64 in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1950 (Vol. 2d Page 51). This could be your Grandad; the births index shows a John Arthur Beaumont who was born in the Wortley district in Apr-Jun 1886 [Vol. 9c Page 288].

I understand that the last burials were made at Wardsend in the 1970s, and so your grandparents could be buried there.

Good luck..:)

Hi beaubon - the deaths index shows a Sarah A. Beaumont who died aged 66 in the Sheffield registration district in Jan-Mar 1960 (Vol. 2d Page 169). This could well be your Gran, especially as it seems she was born in April-June 1893.(Sarah Annie Pontefract, born in the Ecclesall Bierlow district - Vol. 9c Page 455) and so would have been 66 in the first quarter of 1960.

The deaths index also shows that a John A. Beaumont died aged 64 in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1950 (Vol. 2d Page 51). This could be your Grandad; the births index shows a John Arthur Beaumont who was born in the Wortley district in Apr-Jun 1886 [Vol. 9c Page 288].

I understand that the last burials were made at Wardsend in the 1970s, and so your grandparents could be buried there.

Good luck..:)

Thanks hillsbro and others,

I think that, along with the information which I've pm'd and the detail which you've kindly given, beaubon has just about all she needs to complete her family history, what an informative group you are.

Duffems

Archived