The richmond boozer opposite fishponds

kirky

Originally posted by caprice

Nope, but I drive past it almost daily :) Ive never been in, is it rough? It looks nice from the outside with the hanging baskets etc... But who knows?

having lived within a two mile radius of it all my life i too have never been in........i'm djin in there tomorra and if all goes well i'm doing it every friday,i was hoping some of the forumers could tell me what the clientel is like......age wise, its a bit hard to work out a play list when you don't know who uses the pub.oh well like the true proffessinal i am i'll manage:D

ive been in once, i think it was a kareoke night. altho i have sat out side a few times when its been nice with the kids but was shane who went in for the beer. i used to live 2 mins away and from what i could tell it seemed to have ya average everyday peeps of all ages, from ya oldies proping the bar up to ya young uns gahtering outside, and peeps with kids.

might have to nip down one friday then if ya do it reguler :D

Originally posted by Litha

ive been in once, i think it was a kareoke night. altho i have sat out side a few times when its been nice with the kids but was shane who went in for the beer. i used to live 2 mins away and from what i could tell it seemed to have ya average everyday peeps of all ages, from ya oldies proping the bar up to ya young uns gahtering outside, and peeps with kids.

might have to nip down one friday then if ya do it reguler :D

i best get some goth music sharpish:D

It's not a pub I visit anymore, although I'm less than a mile away.

It's chock full of chavs, slappers, & scrotes, inside & out.

Since the Springwood (Lower Manor/Woodthorpe trouble pub & drug den) closed, a large portion of the former clientèle have made the Richmond their new 'home'.

If this is your thing you'll have a ball... :suspect:

It's chock full of chavs, slappers, & scrotes, inside & out.

Slappers? SLAPPERS? You aint 'arf askin' for trouble, mate. [ I've slipped into Reg Varney mode today for some reason ]

I used to drink in the springwood in the days when druggies would be thrown out. and all the thiefs were good ones ie they only robbed people who could afford it according to them!

I heard that the landlady was going to take over the tap and barrel in town she might have a better class of punter and no chaves!

Archived