Drug use in Sheffield Bars/Clubs

Not just pubs and clubs -

a reliable source

Researchers took 22 samples from surfaces in toilets adjoining bars used by MPs and their guests in the Commons, and from lavatories on the first floor of the House of Lords. About 50mg of cocaine was found outside the offices of the Lord Chancellor, Lord Irvine (a reporter hastened to add that there was no suggestion that the Lord Chancellor had been taking the drug).

Tests were also made at three bars in the Commons; three of the samples found there, including one from a women's lavatory, tested positive for traces of the drug. A gram of cocaine costing $58 (£40) can provide between 10 and 20 lines, giving four people enough of a hit to keep them awake for many hours of parliamentary sittings.

Originally posted by pabloescobar

Having spent a considerable amount of time in toilet cubicles in many of Sheffield's bars & clubs I have noticed that in the last 12 months evidence of recreational drug abuse appears to be on the up.

A couple of years ago this was only present in the bars frequented by 'The Sheffield Glitterati' and only on weekends. Now it seems every pub/bar/club in the City Centre has traces of people taking coke on any night. It also seems to be spreading out towards 'local' pubs.

Is it just me just noticing it more or are we just a more hedonistic bunch now?

I assume a lot of it is speed opposed to coke. Where are these people who can afford to leave a bit of coke on toilet seats? I must be in the wrong job :D

Originally posted by pabloescobar

Having spent a considerable amount of time in toilet cubicles in many of Sheffield's bars & clubs I have noticed that in the last 12 months evidence of recreational drug abuse appears to be on the up.

A couple of years ago this was only present in the bars frequented by 'The Sheffield Glitterati' and only on weekends. Now it seems every pub/bar/club in the City Centre has traces of people taking coke on any night. It also seems to be spreading out towards 'local' pubs.

Is it just me just noticing it more or are we just a more hedonistic bunch now?

but you are right

the use of illicit drugs worldwide has jumped by around 15 million regular (not nec. heavy) users.

coke heads

corporation toilets have a great picture up in there,loads of over head shots from a cubicle of people doing everything,snorting skinning sucking etc...not real of course,but its a funny picture

Archived