Sunday sessions @ bar 23 - micky slim!!

DanSeaman

erm.......... crikey....... what do i say............

In addition to our weekly shindig at bar23, we thought we would drop a little curveball in..... so we did.........

SUNDAY 1ST NOVEMBER Sunday Sessions presents... MICKY SLIM !!!!!!!!!

With support from local hero Kyle Robertson

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47537237827&ref=ts

this is clearly going to be something a little bit special....

ADVANCE TICKETS WILL BE PRICED @ £5

HERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS -

- TICKETS WILL BE IN BAR 23 @ SUNDAY SESSIONS THIS WEEK (18/10/09)

- RESERVE TICKETS BY EMAILING deeejaaay7@msn.com

- TICKETS ON SALE FROM BAR 23 FROM MONDAY

- IT WILL BE SLIGHTLY MORE ON THE DOOR

USE YOUR NOGGINS KIDS....... MASSIVE DJ...SMALL VENUE..... THESE WILL SELL FASTER THAN USAIN BOLT CHASING THE MAN WHO MUGGED HIS GRANNY.....

Oh.......and if you have been living in a shed in cambodia for the last 2 years.......here's Mr Slim....

http://www.myspace.com/thatboyslim

As one of the most charismatic individuals to smash his way onto the house music scene in recent years, Micky Slim is the Birmingham-bred bad boy that has arrived and is ready to take over. For if 2005 was the year clubbers started murmuring about that boy Slim, then 2006 was the year they started shouting it from the hilltops. And who can blame them? With an outstanding production portfolio that has had a phenomenal success rate of being heard on BBC Radio1, an international residency that gives Micky global exposure, and a few helping hands, its clear that Micky is not just one of the UKs finest up-and-coming talents, he is getting recognition the world over.

He rose to fame on the back of the success of the anthemic electro house mashup Jump Around, but it’d be unwise to write off Micky Slim as a one-hit wonder. This dance music hardman is one of the heaviest-hitting DJ/producers to emerge off the streets of Birmingham, ands as he reveals to ITM he’s got plenty coming up in 2009. “I’m really focusing hard on developing my label Bombsquad Records, we have plenty of solid releases lined up for 2009 as well as touring the UK and Europe as Bombsquad Soundsystem, our own 20k rig, we are doing 2 dates in the summer at Judgement Sunday and an outdoor stage at Global Gathering UK as well as various club dates.” So it’s all happening for the house music’s favourite Brummie!

Micky Slim’s bio plays up his reputation as a ‘bad boy’, but he insists it’s all a bunch of hot air. “We all have a past, mine is a little bit murkier than others. I don’t take no **** off anybody so I guess that’s where it comes from, I am a nice guy really.” Of course, this is from the same guy who describes his production style as “Big Bad and Heavy,” and his DJ style as “Bigger Badder and Heavier.”

Sunday Sessions is preparing for a severe beating......

Archived