Ban Religion

Zamo

Originally posted by LouiseB

You will be laughing on the other side of your face come judgement day pal!

A fair point - and a good illustration of the sort of incentive used by religious types to keep the masses' faces in the dirt over the centuries.

Looking at it another way: if there is a god and judgment day really does come, I like to think that, in all her omniscience and benevolence, she will recognise me as someone who wasn't such a bad sort and let me in anyway.

What do you reckon?

Originally posted by Sidla

At the end of the day, I believe that Jesus did live and he was the ultimate role-model. He didn't judge other people, he had no discriminations and he taught us to love and respect each other. Even if you don't believe in Jesus, it's worth reading about what he (supposedly) did, because I believe if everyone followed Jesus' philosophy the world would be a perfect place.

Can't argue with any of that, but what you're talking about now is a whole different ballgame - nothing to do with the big man upstairs in the white beard.

Originally posted by MichaelTravis

Can't argue with any of that, but what you're talking about now is a whole different ballgame - nothing to do with the big man upstairs in the white beard.

I accept that. God or no God, it's good to have someone to look up to.

MichaelTravis

Of course it was a joke, that was why the smiley face was there

I am sure God would be loving and delighted to welcome you on the day when your number is up

My old Granddad was an atheist, whereas as I am a believer

I remember saying to him that if he was right then he wouldnt know anything about it and if I was right he would be pleasantly surprised

That is what I was trying to say to the non-believers, in a jokey tongue in cheek way

You in your small corner mate, and I in mine

Originally posted by Carlwarker

And now folks - a debate upon the sexuality of God - man, woman or bi?

I thought about this in the car coming home tonight, I could guess it was coming after MichaelTravis called God a her.

Personally I think God was here before gender, before Adam and Eve and ribs and stuff

I think God is err......God

I am sure that God doesnt need sexual reproductive organs because God can do a whole lot of stuff with dust and bits of granite and a few leaves and a tree stump.......or whatever

So I dont think God has a gender, God is above all that

JMO

Archived