ROAST TURKEY, CHESNUT STUFFING, PIGS IN BLANKETS, BREAD SAUCE

SALMON “COULIBAC STYLE”, BEETROOT, HORSERADDISH CREAM

SAGE GNOCCHI, BUTTERNUT SQUASH VELOUTTEE, BLUE CHEESE CRUMBLE

-ALL SERVED WITH BOWLS OF ROASTED POTATOES AND SEASONAL VEGETABLES

CHRISTMAS PUDDING, BRANDY SAUCE

CHOCOLATE TART, RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM, BUTTERSCOTCH

FESTIVE CHEESE BOARD

COFFEE AND MINCE PIES £3.00 SUPPLEMENT PER PERSON

Having been told about this place by a friend who's a regular,I thought I'd give it a try.

It looks welcoming,though it's a shame the same can't be be said of the greeting-stony faced,and a "you eating?".

I thought walk-ins were welcome.

Food was ok,though after my friends enthusiasm,was disappointed.

Should've had fish apparently.

Early days,I know-a smile would help.

Having been told about this place by a friend who's a regular,I thought I'd give it a try.

It looks welcoming,though it's a shame the same can't be be said of the greeting-stony faced,and a "you eating?".

I thought walk-ins were welcome.

Food was ok,though after my friends enthusiasm,was disappointed.

Should've had fish apparently.

Early days,I know-a smile would help.

You must have been very unlucky. We went (having booked as it clearly is getting popular) and had a great meal with very friendly service. For mains, I had the steak (a huge piece, tender and perfectly cooked) and he had the Dixie (3 pork dish). Both were excellent.

I wasn't going to bother to put anything on here about our visit, but I wanted to balance your bad experience with our very good one.

• 4 weeks later...

So many newly registered one post wonders have turned up from nowhere just for this thread.

You have to question the validity of any of the posts if you suspect the establishment is pushing a falsified favourable bias. Especially beyond the stupid one owner, two user account deal we usually get that nearly everyone sees through.

If this is FFW requesting friends/relatives post what will be obviously biased comments then please stop. Let genuine, unconnected customers do all the commenting, it will give the consensus integrity.

I've been to themed nights at FFW and if the standard of food is the same then I expect the place to be very good and a very welcome addition to Sheffield. It should not need false representation if that is what's going on here.

Of course they could all be genuine. Five new users could sign up just to come and post on this passionate opinion inducing thread. I mean it's not like nearly all the foodies already have accounts and can't help but post on eating out matters :roll:

In case anyone feels like playing devils advocate, don't waste your time if it's me specifically you are responding to.

Archived