"KITCHEN" - New Restaurant Opening on Ecclesall Rd

ajww4764

Not tried Kitchen yet, but re Le Bistrot Pierre - we're Francophiles and don't accept sub-standard, and our experience here is of excellent food and service, easy and relaxed feel to the new refurbished downstairs area... and cracking offers of free "Winter Warmer" bottle of wine. Just a good, relaxed place to eat, with a reasonably French-bistro feel to it. Looking forward to eating there again on Saturday.

Not tried Kitchen yet, but re Le Bistrot Pierre - we're Francophiles and don't accept sub-standard, and our experience here is of excellent food and service, easy and relaxed feel to the new refurbished downstairs area... and cracking offers of free "Winter Warmer" bottle of wine. Just a good, relaxed place to eat, with a reasonably French-bistro feel to it. Looking forward to eating there again on Saturday.

Bistrot Pierre? You have to be kidding, it's a franchise chain restaurant and low quality.

I've been to Kitchen a few times and it's far better.

Bistrot Pierre? You have to be kidding, it's a franchise chain restaurant and low quality.

I've been to Kitchen a few times and it's far better.

If you are going to impart your knowledge at least be right. It is not a franchise, it is privately owned by 2 guys from Nottingham. Not quite a 'chain' there are 5 and a pub.

Franchise? No. Chain? Well... if just five count as a chain. Anyway - all I said was that the food was good, reminding us of eating out bistro-style in France, and the staff are not just professional but pleasant. Oh - and how many restaurants (especially chains) give personal replies from the owners to postings on their website? There are plenty of good restaurants in Sheffield now; this is one of them, in everything from service and food to atmosphere.

Franchise? No. Chain? Well... if just five count as a chain. Anyway - all I said was that the food was good, reminding us of eating out bistro-style in France, and the staff are not just professional but pleasant. Oh - and how many restaurants (especially chains) give personal replies from the owners to postings on their website? There are plenty of good restaurants in Sheffield now; this is one of them, in everything from service and food to atmosphere.

Just a quick follow-up to my earlier post - (a) I'm a bit behind the times: I think there are now seven or eight Bistrot Pierres; (b) more importantly: introduced two friends from Manchester to it on Saturday night (Feb 19) for a celebration meal - it was superb.

Kitchen Open this Sunday.

SUNDAY LUNCH MENU

£15 FOR 3 COURSES

£12 for 2 Courses

KITCHEN PRAWN & SMOKED SALMON COCKTAIL

CHICKEN LIVER PATE

GOATS CHEESE TART

FRITO MISTO

xxx

ROAST LOIN OF PORK

ROAST SIRLOIN OF BEEF

SALMON EN CROUTE

ROTTOLA OF SQUASH, SPINACH & GOATS CHEESE

ACCOMPANIED BY SEASONAL VEGETABLES

xxx

SELECTION OF DESSERTS

I was lucky enough to be taken out for dinner to Kitchen on Saturday night and had an amazing meal! :love:

We both had Scallops with bacon for starter - and they were SO juicy & fresh. Perfectly cooked and the flavours on the plate complimented them exquisitely :)

For main course I had the "3 Little Pigs"... and still days later every time I remember how lovely it was, it puts a smile on my face!

To those who think the menu looks expensive - I think that the prices are perfectly reasonable considering the quality of the food. Every plate that came out looked nothing short of a Masterchef finalist, and the flavours all complimented each other beautifully.

The menu is refreshingly undersold (rather than a 3-paragraph pretentious description of each dish and every single ingredient used) which suits the laid back atmosphere & decor.

In one visit this place has become a front-runner for my favourite restaurant; competing with Marco @ Milano!

I am looking forward to trying out the Sunday menu...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We are please to announce that Kitchen has been awarded an editors award for "Best Value" in this years (2012) edition of The Good Food Guide.

Publication date is 5th September,

Kitchen, Sheffield, Yorkshire

When glimpsed fleetingly from the M1, Sheffield probably still means steel and cutlery to many of us. But take time to stop, for the city is developing a reputation for food with some very good, affordable restaurants; we're delighted that one of them has won this award. Kitchen certainly is the pick, noted for its good portions of unfussy food at highly attractive prices.

Come on down!!

http://www.thegoodfoodguide.co.uk/news/the-good-food-guide-2012-editors-awards

We are please to announce that Kitchen has been awarded an editors award for "Best Value" in this years (2012) edition of The Good Food Guide.

Publication date is 5th September,

Kitchen, Sheffield, Yorkshire

When glimpsed fleetingly from the M1, Sheffield probably still means steel and cutlery to many of us. But take time to stop, for the city is developing a reputation for food with some very good, affordable restaurants; we're delighted that one of them has won this award. Kitchen certainly is the pick, noted for its good portions of unfussy food at highly attractive prices.

Come on down!!

http://www.thegoodfoodguide.co.uk/news/the-good-food-guide-2012-editors-awards

Well done!!

Archived