Las Iguanas - early evening special good value

Went there last night about half five and chose from the early evening special menu.

I had three courses for £7, I think they do two courses for £6 and just a main for a fiver. Plenty to choose from.

Ate outside and had charred tortilla stuffed with mushrooms and brie to start followed by Brazilian lime chicken served in a sauce with rice and banana. To finish a banana fritter light on the batter and delicious with some soft fruit. All washed down with a few pints of San Miguel.

Would recommend it to anyone - staff were very friendly and had the good old mint imperials to freshen my breath.

I've tried this too at lunch. I had the tortilla with mushrooms for starter and then mussels for main. My boyfriend had a starter - can't remeber what - and then the brazilian chicken. Everything was nice and tasty and the deal certainly is a bargain - service is ok too. However the food didn't appear to be freshly prepared. Great for a bargain, but wouldn't recommend it for a special meal!!

Archived