Labour making ground in the polls.

For a long time the Tories have been keeping quiet about their policies. All they have done in that time is oppose whatever Labour was doing if they thought it would win them support, which it did.

If only that were true. The Tories seem to have just rolled over on many of the issues they should have vigorously opposed, mainly I suspect because they now want to be seen as a 'liberal' party, at least until after the next election.

But they really need to replace George Osborne with someone who knows about economics rather than just spouting from a half-understood think-tank proposal.

We should be governed by our elected politicians not by a gaggle of unelected back-office gurus who don't have to carry the can for their daft policies.

I’m getting a whiff of Titanic from spindrift.

Anyways, the overall average voting pattern puts the conservatives at 41%, labour at 29% and the LibDems at 18%.

The latest projection by the uk polling report (in association with YouGov) shows a conservative majority of 44 seats if an election was called today. That coupled with the trouncing Labour suffered in the council elections, effectively being wiped of the map and the fact the SNP will give Labour a sound beating north of the boarder, the UK will throw out this labour party at the next election.

Only a short sighted Labourphile would be celebrating a 2 point rise in opinion for a party that has been in second place for the vast majority of 2006,2007,2008 and 2009.

To jump to the conclusion that because of this 1-2 point jump means Labour will win the election is silly. The opinion polls have been up and down for the last few months due to the conferences.

Date......CON LAB LIB

16 Oct - 41 / 30 / 17 - Con +11

15 Oct - 40 / 28 / 19 - Con +12

11 Oct - 40 / 30 / 18 - Con +10

09 Oct - 43 / 29 / 16 - Con +14

09 Oct - 42 / 28 / 19 - Con +14

09 Oct - 42 / 28 / 18 - Con +14

09 Oct - 44 / 27 / 17 - Con +17

08 Oct - 45 / 26 / 18 - Con +19

08 Oct - 40 / 31 / 18 - Con +9

07 Oct - 43 / 29 / 17 - Con +14

06 Oct - 41 / 28 / 18 - Con +13

05 Oct - 40 / 27 / 20 - Con +13

02 Oct - 40 / 28 / 18 - Con +12

02 Oct - 41 / 29 / 17 - Con +12

01 Oct - 40 / 28 / 19 - Con +12

01 Oct - 40 / 26 / 20 - Con +14

I’m getting a whiff of Titanic from spindrift.

Anyways, the overall average voting pattern puts the conservatives at 41%, labour at 29% and the LibDems at 18%.

The latest projection by the uk polling report (in association with YouGov) shows a conservative majority of 44 seats if an election was called today. That coupled with the trouncing Labour suffered in the council elections, effectively being wiped of the map and the fact the SNP will give Labour a sound beating north of the boarder, the UK will throw out this labour party at the next election.

Only a short sighted Labourphile would be celebrating a 2 point rise in opinion for a party that has been in second place for the vast majority of 2006,2007,2008 and 2009.

My bold, so you're insinuating that Spindrift and Titanic are the same person because they both support Labour?:loopy: This is Sheffield not Luton and so the chances that just because they have broadly similar left of centre views does NOT mean that they are the same person!:rolleyes:

As for your gloating over the current state of the opinion polls, the latest polls if you are a Labour supporter like myself, do offer some hope of a recovery as the Tory lead has stop increasing and has started to go the other way. Perhaps mirroring the improvement in the economy and the fact that people are starting to awake to the economic catastrophe the election of a Tory govt would bring......mass unemployment, falling house prices, NHS privatisation etc,etc.

My bold, so you're insinuating that Spindrift and Titanic are the same person because they both support Labour?:loopy: This is Sheffield not Luton and so the chances that just because they have broadly similar left of centre views does NOT mean that they are the same person!:rolleyes:

As for your gloating over the current state of the opinion polls, the latest polls if you are a Labour supporter like myself, do offer some hope of a recovery as the Tory lead has stop increasing and has started to go the other way. Perhaps mirroring the improvement in the economy and the fact that people are starting to awake to the economic catastrophe the election of a Tory govt would bring......mass unemployment, falling house prices, NHS privatisation etc,etc.

WOW. You are such an idiot!:loopy::loopy:

Elections are a damage limitation exercise. You dont vote for the party you want, you vote for the party that scares you the least.

Tories have always been scary, Mrs Thatcher became a total nutcase before they threw her out. A good example of a tory is Boris Johnson, good comic but would you entrust the nation to him.????

I suspect that the idea of spending an extra year signing on has possibly made many people in their sixties and late fifties think again about voting tory. Let's face it, these are the people that are most likely to vote and for many of them it is not an extra year in employment that the tories are proposing to accelerate but an extra year on the dole. People look at Cameron and that slimy toad Osborne and think "Same old sleazy torys".

Archived