Labour making ground in the polls.

It was very interesting to read 3 different opinion polls that all released their results today.

The polls were:

Angus Reid, Ipsos-Mori & ICM. All found exactly the same 17% Tory lead over Labour. I don't think that Dave will be worried about one out of step poll that appeared in one newspaper over the weekend.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2009/10/20/and-now-the-first-exclusive-pb-angus-reid-strategies-poll/#comments

I think that Labour might be a bit more worried by the finding that the Lib/Dems are now within 3 points of them in the polls.

Catching up with the tories:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6879586.ece

Should have a lead by the spring of 2010.

I think Cameron made a poor show at conference, and I thought the extreme close-up of Samantha when he mentioned their son was tacky in the extreme.

Maybe people are starting to think one cycling ex-Etonian buffoon tory in a position of political power is more than enough, and the country is probably best not handed over to a man who can't even LOCK HIS BIKE UP PROPERLY, THE BIG-CHINNED BUMCLOWN!

The funniest posting I have read in years. I love it.

Try if Labour get lucky they might just hold onto second place.

The funny thing is, this thread is in response to a yougov poll that put the labour a mere 11 points behind the conservatives. The same day another poll put the conservatives 17 points ahead with labour running at only 23% of the vote, 3% ahead of the Lib Dems.

spindrift's jumping for joy :huh: lasted all of a couple of hours and looks to be completely misplaced :hihi: He obviously doesn't give much credence to the phrase "never count your chickens"

The polls after today’s announcement that this recession is the longest ever recorded after the assurances from No10 and 11 that we are about to exit, in contrast the Germany and Frances having already moved out of recession, will only damage the Labour vote further.

You never know, the Lib Dems may well smell blood and take labour to become the official opposition party at the next election. Something I would love to see.

The funny thing is, this thread is in response to a yougov poll that put the labour a mere 11 points behind the conservatives. The same day another poll put the conservatives 17 points ahead with labour running at only 23% of the vote, 3% ahead of the Lib Dems.

spindrift's jumping for joy :huh: lasted all of a couple of hours and looks to be completely misplaced :hihi: He obviously doesn't give much credence to the phrase "never count your chickens"

The polls after today’s announcement that this recession is the longest ever recorded after the assurances from No10 and 11 that we are about to exit, in contrast the Germany and Frances having already moved out of recession, will only damage the Labour vote further.

You never know, the Lib Dems may well smell blood and take labour to become the official opposition party at the next election. Something I would love to see.

So would I.

And remember, the election of 2005 saw Labour obtain 35.3% of the vote while the conservatives received 32.3%.

If you take the running average of the current opinion polls we could see a massive swing of 317 seats in favour of the conservatives leaving them with more seats then Labour held the day after the 2005 election.

And remember, the election of 2005 saw Labour obtain 35.3% of the vote while the conservatives received 32.3%.

If you take the running average of the current opinion polls we could see a massive swing of 317 seats in favour of the conservatives leaving them with more seats then Labour held the day after the 2005 election.

Averaging out the last load of opinion polls (including the one that had Labour within 11 points), predicts that the Tories will have a majority of 94 seats over all the other parties totalled together after the next election.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/

That is Tories 370 seats.

The rest 276 seats.

Out of that 276 Lib/Dem can be expected to take around 60. SNP 7. Plaid 3, Unionists 9. Sinn Fien 5, SDLP 3, Independents 7, Ulster Unionists 1. Others 3/4.

That would leave around 180 Labour MPs, compared to 349 today.

With nearly 1 in 2 Labour MPs predicted to loose their seats it is hardly surprising that some will choose to stand down rather than pay back their expenses.

Averaging out the last load of opinion polls (including the one that had Labour within 11 points), predicts that the Tories will have a majority of 94 seats over all the other parties totalled together after the next election.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/

That is Tories 370 seats.

The rest 276 seats.

Out of that 276 Lib/Dem can be expected to take around 60. SNP 7. Plaid 3, Unionists 9. Sinn Fien 5, SDLP 3, Independents 7, Ulster Unionists 1. Others 3/4.

That would leave around 180 Labour MPs, compared to 349 today.

With nearly 1 in 2 Labour MPs predicted to loose their seats it is hardly surprising that some will choose to stand down rather than pay back their expenses.

huh, it looks as though my prediction was rather, conservative :)

• 1 month later...
More evidence here that the tory lead is shrinking.

Hung parliament becoming slightly more likely.

When people realise what the Tories have in store for most of us who aren't rich I think the party ratings will come much closer together as election day approaches, as people see through smarmy Dave's attempts to make the Tories seem plausible.

Archived