Conservatives vow to bring back hunting with dogs

I just love the idea that hunting is a sport of toffs. If that is why the lefties are up in arms they will be very disappointed as most people taking part will be working class types.

I just love the idea that everyone who objects to hunting is a leftie!

Then there is the hypocracy of those who make a fuss about fox hunting and then happily let their cat out to play with the wildlife. How many foxes are killed each year compared with the carnage cause by cats to frogs, birds, mice and Coi Carp?

There is no hypocrisy, we're supposed to be evolved, sophisticated human beings, not domesticated or wild animals, so I dont particularly believe there's any virtue in behaving like one. If cats could understand English I'd probably have the same dialogue with them.

Packs of cats rarely hunt with backup from twits on horseback.

Ah it is the twits on horseback that annoy you.

Just for information.

In its 1997 survey, the Mammal Society recorded the predation habits of nearly 1,000 cats between the 1st of April and the 31st August. Those taking part were everyday cat owners who had responded to a media drive started by the BBC's Wildlife Magazine and followed up in a range of newspaper, magazine and radio articles. The results obtained were then analysed by Dr.Robbie MacDonald of Bristol University.

This survey indicated that the sample accounted for over 14,000 'kills', made up of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians, although 66 cats killed nothing at all. Dr. MacDonald believes that if these results are coupled with other existing survey work, it shows that Britain's cat population is capable of killing a massive 250 million creatures in a year, or more than 37 prey items each.

Rats and rabbits are pests to farmers.

Foxes kill rats and rabbits so it follows that a fox would be of great value to farmers.

But then the bloodlust takes over. Just tell the truth as it is.

Hunters just like to see blood shed, it excites them to the point of orgasmic proportions.

I've always felt that "Horse and Hound" should be top shelf material...

As was cockfighting, as was dogfighting; but those were working-class pursuits, the upper classes thought them immoral and disgusting and banned them.

Foxhunting is an upper class pursuit; the working classes think it's immoral and disgusting, and they banned it.

Very good HeadingNorth and quite true, but at least the 'working classes' didn't see fit to reintroduce **** & dog fighting. ;)

Archived