Conservatives vow to bring back hunting with dogs

If you're going to join in with an argument, perhaps you'd do well to get your facts straight - Fox hunting is not illegal. It's legal within a collection of constraints which are detrimental to the fox population, which is exactly why the act should be repealed

The act has brought about the deaths of far more foxes than occurred prior to the ban thanks to the requirement for them to be shot - which does not discriminate between the fit and healthy, and the old and sick, which despatch by hounds did

The hunting act is protecting nothing (no animal) so achieves nothing

not that you are just being pedantic!

the difference would be the being ripped apart bit.

Former stag hunter and fox hunter David Cameron is planning to allow a free

vote in the commons to repeal the ban on hunting with dogs act which was brought in by Labour.See article below (from Yahoo News) :

Wow, you're seriously grasping at straws now.

Hmmm, just thinking....wasn't having a pint with a fag British tradition............ now there's not that many pubs left anyway.............

Working used to be a good old British tradition as well....but the government looked at it long and hard & thought it far too dangerous & have rolled out thieving & benefits as the 'new work'.

....and as the country sinks slowly into the sea under a mountain of debt and despair there are still people, oblivious to their impending doom, arguing the toss over fox hunting :hihi:

To be honest that's about right (and very frightening!)

The difference would be the escape rate actually

well I don't agree with killing anything, because I don't believe we are any more important than the foxes.

For arguments sake we will say it is necessary to artificially keep fox numbers down.

Why do you want them to escape if this is the case? you either want to keep the numbers down or you don't. If you do, you want the escape rate to be 0, if you don't you just get your kicks by chasing animals in the hope that you will see a bit of blood:loopy:

there's a difference between population control and extinction

If you don't agree with killing anything, how do you view the protection of lambs and chickens?

If all lambs and chickens were kept under lock and key safely away from the foxes, what food source do you envisage for the foxes?

there's a difference between population control and extinction

If you don't agree with killing anything, how do you view the protection of lambs and chickens?

If all lambs and chickens were kept under lock and key safely away from the foxes, what food source do you envisage for the foxes?

I will rephrase that as I believe every things life is equal, we shouldn't be killing foxes to stop them eating "our" lambs and we shouldn't be growing lambs to be eaten.

However that doesn't make any difference to my question to you

Archived