Conservatives vow to bring back hunting with dogs

But you reminded me of another point - why do huntsmen disregard instruction from farmers that they are not allowed into their fields? I worked on a farm when i was young (originally from the country), and the farmer hated fox hunting, so banned the hunt from using his land, but despite telling him every time that they would not go onto his land again, they did so every time.

To my knowledge they do don’t, but I can’t speak for all hunts. If a famer had not been asked permission or had refused access to the land but the hunt ignored the farmers request, they should face the consequences of their actions.

In some cases the land owner and the farmer are not the same thing and tenant farmers sometimes had to allow hunts because of the land owner wanted it, but that’s only ever been a small number and had decreased over time with the selling off of farms from traditional estates.

There we have it, your point of view is built around an unfounded assertion that all foxes are innocent.

Maybe if you put down the Beatrix Potter books you would understand more :hihi:

You muppet, the fox IS innocent as it is UNAWARE that it's actions maybe CRUEL, but the fox kill's to eat.

Whereas the fox hunting /stag hunting / hare coursing scum ARE aware that their actions are cruel, and mostly they are NOT hunting for the pot.

You muppet, the fox IS innocent as it is UNAWARE that it's actions maybe CRUEL, but the fox kill's to eat.

Whereas the fox hunting /stag hunting / hare coursing scum ARE aware that their actions are cruel, and mostly they are NOT hunting for the pot.

And you would know all about it wouldn’t you.

The trusty wednesday1 swaggers in and starts the abuse :roll:

Go back to your Beatrix Potter and Enid Blyton books :hihi:

The hunting ban is just another attack on the british way of life.Hunting with lurchers is more poular now than its ever been and long may it continue.:D

Like bear baiting, badger baiting and p*** bashing do you mean? :loopy:

I look forward to reading all your future posts on many and varied subjects.

I think a lot of people have an emotional knee jerk reaction to fox hunting. There's also the irrational reverse snobbery, where the mere sight of a few toffs in red coats drinking a tipple of sherry before they go off to hunt provokes the red mist, and seems to be the greater part of their objections.

Like bear baiting, badger baiting and p*** bashing do you mean? :loopy:

I look forward to reading all your future posts on many and varied subjects.

Wats p*** bashing :loopy:got to do with hunting as a lot of my muslim freinds love nothing more than a bit of hare courseing they even had a dog running in the last waterloo cup:D

I think a lot of people have an emotional knee jerk reaction to fox hunting. There's also the irrational reverse snobbery, where the mere sight of a few toffs in red coats drinking a tipple of sherry before they go off to hunt provokes the red mist, and seems to be the greater part of their objections.

Interesting point and not wholly untrue, but I must add that when I flirted briefly with the revolutionary communists it was their policy that fox hunting was not to be condemned as it had no direct bearing on the welfare of the working class. Indeed they went so far as to say that it should be available to everyone who wants to partake.

I personally believe that the less suffering we inflict on animals, the better society we will live in - nothing to do with the fact that it is done by toffs.

Wats p*** bashing :loopy:got to do with hunting as a lot of my muslim freinds love nothing more than a bit of hare courseing they even had a dog running in the last waterloo cup:D

I bet they were. For such an enthusiast as yourself it's a bit odd that you appear unable to spell coursing. Probably unaware also, that thankfully the Waterloo Cup was stopped in 2005 after the hunting with hounds bill became law.:thumbsup:

You need both a dictionary and some knowledge of the country side my red, city-dwelling colleague.

A fox does not kill just to eat. If a fox gets into a chicken coup it will kill every bird irrespective of need. Your comments that foxes only kill what they need to eat shows you know absolutely nothing about foxes in the wild.

I have asked you a number of times, but your Anthropomorphism of foxes must be due to either “The wind in the willows” or something alike. Stop reading child’s books, upgrade to Harry Potter or something please.

Archived