Conservatives vow to bring back hunting with dogs

Do I hunt foxes?...No

Do I ride horses?....No

Do I have a problem with the people that do?....No

Will the fox become extinct?....No

Is it the best and most efficient method of control?....No

Is it any of my business?....No

Animal cruelty is everyone's business as is child cruelty, they cannot speak for themselves.

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight." ...Albert Schweitzer

The whole fox being vermin and a threat to farm livestock is poppycock. I read something a while ago that stated most foxes that were used in fox hunts were caught in an urban area and then shipped to the hunt. The reason being, some areas of our countryside simply don't have foxes anymore.

It makes me laugh when fox hunters claim to be animal lovers! When the hounds are too old, or lame, or there are just too many of them, the hunters kill them. Hounds used in the hunting practice known as 'Hound Hunting,' are often starved and neglected for months at a time in the 'off season.

The most humane way would surely be to shoot them.
That'd be fine if this Government hadn't made it one of its top priorities, over the past decade, to prevent anybody from owning firearms of any sort/dispossess owners where possible.

Cue equally-pointless debate about firearms ownership, etc.

Actually... One cynically wonders, if the above is in any way correlated to the gradual erosion of individual freedom over the same period ;) (Note: I am not a NRA supporter :D)

Actually... One cynically wonders, if the above is in any way correlated to the gradual erosion of individual freedom over the same period ;)(Note: I am not a NRA supporter :D)

..flippin ell I thought Charlton Heston had risen :hihi:

Rabidly right-wing and/or integrist and/or populist rants notwithstanding... As a reasonably normal-thinking and aware person, you do have to wonder :suspect:

Dunblane was an exceptional accident, not a symptom requiring a national cure.

Sorry for the thread derail, btw, back onto foxes and way of humanely disposing of same. Regardless of its social or moral acceptability, a pack of hounds and horse-mounted hunters strikes me as particularly inefficient. But then again, if it brings in money and/or tourism to the countryside...

Rabidly right-wing and/or integrist and/or populist rants notwithstanding... As a reasonably normal-thinking and aware person, you do have to wonder :suspect:

Dunblane was an exceptional accident, not a symptom requiring a national cure.

I agree, the vast majority of gun license holding people are responsible, law abiding citizens, but is Dunblane an exceptional accident because of tight gun control or in spite of it?

Archived