Bigots at large (inc GLB thread)...

Originally posted by LouiseB

If it "feels" like a personal attack, then it is a personal attack

Wow! The arguments of rebuttal to that statement, just within the realm of 'linguistic philosophy', are numerous - and, in other areas, such as psychology, well ... I'm in awe.

Originally posted by LouiseB

Good, and I'm in my coat, will be at the Classic Rock in ten minutes ...

Sorry, but I’m going there, about 8pm, to meet people, not to carry on with, what has now become, unfortunately, personal debate.

Your protestations, and this is a personal criticism, not an attack, remind me of ‘the point’ in Edwin A. Abbott’s beautiful essay in multi-dimentional geometry: ‘Flatland: A romance of many dimensions’

http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/flatland/

All it can say is ‘Me, me, me …’

Now it’s ‘shower’-time folks, to mis-quote Roy Scheider in ‘All That Jazz’..

Have to agree with carlworker here. LouiseB u seem able to 'dish it' but not 'take it'. You criticise people on here all the time because their views differ from your own, assuming that you are RIGHT and everyone else is wrong. Now that someone has dared to criticise you, you blow it out of all precaution and cry personal attack and abuse.

Originally posted by t020

Have to agree with carlworker here. LouiseB u seem able to 'dish it' but not 'take it'. You criticise people on here all the time because their views differ from your own, assuming that you are RIGHT and everyone else is wrong. Now that someone has dared to criticise you, you blow it out of all precaution and cry personal attack and abuse.

Hey, listen to the pot calling the kettle! LouiseB has apologised for her comment made at the start of this thread, but other posters have antagonised her throughout and ever since. There's only so much apologising a person can make and if continually nagged about something, a person is going to start to stick up for themselves.

I think that much of the general publics attitude to gay men stems from

a) AIDS as it is homosexual men who pass this on through their sexual activities rather than lesbians.

b) Gay men having a reputation for being promiscuous and the old backs against the wall attitude of straight men who think that all gay men will fancy them.

Me, I don't have a problem with anybody's sexuality. Hetro, homo,bi,curious or whatever so long as both agree.

As long as they don't display their.... 'affections' in public then I have no problem with them. I think the main problem that straight men have with gay men is the thought of putting it up where it doesn't belong. Thats the main problem I have. I know people will slate me for being a 'homophobe' etc etc, but at least I'm honest and I can honestly say the thought of it sickens and disgusts me.

Originally posted by t020

As long as they don't display their.... 'affections' in public then I have no problem with them. I think the main problem that straight men have with gay men is the thought of putting it up where it doesn't belong. Thats the main problem I have. I know people will slate me for being a 'homophobe' etc etc, but at least I'm honest and I can honestly say the thought of it sickens and disgusts me.

Funny how so many men desire anal sex with women though.....

I am almost positive this thread is about to be pulled

but for what it is worth

I think both T020 and Alchresearch or whatever your name is love, sorry I cant remember but know it when I see it....

are probably both talking about common experience

In my mind it just demonstrates what a weird world we live in

Cant believe you both got to say what you both got to say without an automatic text scanner pulling both messages

Wouldnt have happened on my site I dont think, not if my auto thingy was working anyway

LOL

Louise

x

PS......me, agree with T020? surely not?

No probably not, but having said that, it echoed what I already thought to be the case, even if I dont personally subscribe to that view.

Archived