Bigots at large (inc GLB thread)...

Originally posted by LouiseB

...Best response is to ignore him, and it will be a him, women dont get upset about other women being gay, as a rule, becaue there is no obvious physical threat to them (to state the blindingly obvious) ...

This brings to mind the old proverb:

‘Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’ (Adapted from a line in the play The Mourning Bride, by William Congreve, an English author of the late seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries).

Whilst I can empathize with you Purplepippa – and I do – I find it ironic that a thread on bigotry has unleashed so many bigoted responses.

You’ve done a good job DB in your moderating of this thread - in tending to nip some of the ‘knee-jerk’ reactions in the bud.

How many more times do I have to apologise?

I will be in the stocks this evening

I wasnt aware that DaB had moderated me, or that I was a bigot, but hey, if you are sure, I will take my medicine

(obviously homophobes are NOT generally male)

(obviously homophobes are NOT generally male)

... and obviously people of Balkan apprearance are NOT generally asylum seekers.

You are probably right but the self-righteous who live in politically correct glass-houses should never throw stones! Besides, it is so enjoyable watching you squirm as you try to defend your own deep-rooted bigoted, misandrist feelings!!;):)

... I wasnt aware that DaB had moderated me, or that I was a bigot, but hey, if you are sure, I will take my medicine

(obviously homophobes are NOT generally male) [/b]

Apart from a response to a post by you in my first paragraph, I make no reference to you whatsoever.

Again, another example of a 'knee-jerk' reaction.

And, as for your statement concerning 'homophobes' - I wouldn't know - although, I tend to believe that many homophobes are reacting to their own inner fears of being homosexual. Having had many friends (both male and female), whilst living on the West Coast (Canada) and elsewhere, who were hetero, bi or homosexual, I find that the majority who HAVE to assert their sexuality ARE homosexual. To me, one's sexuality is only a part of one's being - and to be defined by it, I find rather sad and limiting.

and I cant take a joke either

And I, silly me, thought that this was a serious topic - not egotistical lessons in self-gratification.

By the way, Zamo, spot-on about 'politically correct' control zealots.

ps. hope to meet some of you good-folk this evening.

Originally posted by Carlwarker

Apart from a response to a post by you in my first paragraph, I make no reference to you whatsoever.

Again, another example of a 'knee-jerk' reaction.

And, as for your statement concerning 'homophobes' - I wouldn't know - although, I tend to believe that many homophobes are reacting to their own inner fears of being homosexual. Having had many friends (both male and female), whilst living on the West Coast (Canada) and elsewhere, who were hetero, bi or homosexual, I find that the majority who HAVE to assert their sexuality ARE homosexual. To me, one's sexuality is only a part of one's being - and to be defined by it, I find rather sad and limiting.

I am sorry, I genuinely thought you were referring to me with the whole of your post

and I agree re latent homosexuality being a logical potential cause of homophobia and have said so before in here

I am not sure why we are fighting or what over but I now feel genuinely hurt.

I am sorry, I genuinely thought you were referring to me with the whole of your post

and I agree re latent homosexuality being a logical potential cause of homophobia and have said so before in here

I am not sure why we are fighting or what over but I now feel genuinely hurt.

We are not fighting Louise - we are discussing (quid pro pro - as Anthony Hopkins would say to Clarice).

If you are hurt - then don't be - there is nor was any intent to hurt. I look forward to meeting you.

'Over and out' - as we used to say in the RAF.

I don't agree with the homophobic tendencies cause by latent homosexuality at all!

Apart form the fact that i have never met anybody who has been closeted at any time that has homophobic tendencies. I have met many homophobes, but non of them have ever come out. I really have seen no evidence of that at all.

Apart from that, even if it is something that happens, is homosexuality THE CAUSE. or is the fact they had to repress their feelings the cause. The gay people i know who have had the biggest problem coming out have generally come from small towns where there is much ignorance. Some have had to keep it from their over masculine father, who has constantly berated gays. Being forced in to the closet IMO is the only thing that can be the cause.

Originally posted by back2basics

Is the fact they had to repress their feelings the cause. The gay people i know who have had the biggest problem coming out have generally come from small towns where there is much ignorance. Some have had to keep it from their over masculine father, who has constantly berated gays. Being forced in to the closet IMO is the only thing that can be the cause.

I would agree with you there

It would be people who were repressed and frightened, especially as you say, by fathers

or sergeants

etc

Archived