Bigots at large (inc GLB thread)...

The reason i question it, is coming from Yorkshire i have known many guys and gals that have been brought up in situations like that. Not one has ever shown any homophobia. They have been very shy, un-confident people often very depressed, but never violent or abuse to gays. They would have to laugh at the homophobic jokes at home, in front of their parents... but when away form them it never continues.

I think that is a myth and i would go as far as saying it's a myth that originated from the gay community. How better to upset a homophobe than implying he is gay?

Originally posted by Zamo

... and obviously people of Balkan apprearance are NOT generally asylum seekers.

You are probably right but the self-righteous who live in politically correct glass-houses should never throw stones! Besides, it is so enjoyable watching you squirm as you try to defend your own deep-rooted bigoted, misandrist feelings!!;):)

I wish we could swear on this website

Do you really feel like this?

Originally posted by back2basics

I think that is a myth and i would go as far as saying it's a myth that originated from the gay community. How better to upset a homophobe than implying he is gay?

It is interesting that you think it is a myth

It was if you remember a strong feature of the American Beauty film, which is probably what made me think of it.

I dont know why people are homophobic, I just wish they werent

Originally posted by LouiseB

I wish we could swear on this website

Do you really feel like this?

It's just a bit of teasing Louise. :)

You must admit you're not exactly a shrinking violet when it comes to voicing your opinion or correcting those less well endowed in terms of political correctness. It's just a dig back for the little man - so to speak!

Oh I would agree with you there, I always do my best to fight what I see as an ~ism

and I know that people call that being politically correct

I dont do it for political correctness reasons though, but because I believe in what I say, and this is a good place to practice it.

You already knew that though.

I could stop doing it, but then I think that in some sort of a way it is half the fun for us all isnt it, saying things that we know will be deliberately inflammatory to others.

Today though, for the first ever time, I felt something changed and it got personal and I have felt crap reading what some people have said about me and my views

Zamo, I dont think you meant what you said, I took it as being tongue in cheek because we have met and got on fine, but coupled with four other guys having a go at me, I dont feel the same warm glow today about being here as I usually do.

I'm with Louise on political correctness. Is it pc to stand up for people who cannot defend themselves, to protest when people use inappropriate language? I would have thought by now people would have got out of the habit of countering criticism by flinging accusations of political correctness around.

Originally posted by LouiseB

Oh I would agree with you there, I always do my best to fight what I see as an ~ism

and I know that people call that being politically correct

I dont do it for political correctness reasons though, but because I believe in what I say, and this is a good place to practice it.

You already knew that though.

I could stop doing it, but then I think that in some sort of a way it is half the fun for us all isnt it,

Today though, for the first ever time, I felt something changed and it got personal and I have felt crap reading what some people have said about me and my views

Zamo, I dont think you meant what you said, I took it as being tongue in cheek because we have met and got on fine, but coupled with four other guys having a go at me, I dont feel the same warm glow today about being here as I usually do.

I'm sure nobody wanted to extinguish your warm glow Louise. We were just having a little fun - my apologies if it got out of hand.

Agreed, it is fun to say things that we know will be deliberately inflammatory to others... that's why I would not want you to stop making your patronising, opinionated and misandrist postings (joke!).:lol: :lol:

If I can get away for a while tonight, I shall come to the SF bash and buy you a large one - we'll soon get that warm glow back!

Archived