Bigots at large (inc GLB thread)...

Originally posted by Carlwarker

I was simply getting a dig in to counter-balance the many anti-male statements that have appeared throughout this thread. But, I stand by my statement - and I am sure that it IS the experience of many men.

And, ask for 'getting a boot in' (I don't even wear them, except for Carl Warking), and 'being a bully' - what hyperbole.

You were getting a dig in as opposed to a boot in then

It is all the same to me

An unnecessary personal attack on someone you dont know from Eve and I am not anti-male, some of my best friends are male

LMAO

Originally posted by max

Nobody has answered my question about how do you distinguish people of Balkan origin fron people of neighbouring country origin. Probably because no-one can.

Come on Max who ya kidding? What, do all foreigners look the same to you?!?!

When you walk along the street are you honestly telling me you can't tell who is from the Balkans? What, you don't think they have different facial characteristics to their northern neighbours in Germany and Austria? No different from Turks or Greeks in the south? Admittedly, it's not easy to discribe the differences in words but that doesn't mean they don't exist!

Agreed, you can never be 100% certain that someone is an asylum seeker from the Balkan just by looking at them. That said, it doesn't mean fnkysknky was out of order saying the person trying to break into his house from from the Balkans. I'd guess it is probably 98% certain he is right because you CAN tell the difference. If "the balance of probability" is good enough to convict someone of a crime then surely 98% certain is good enough for a forum posting?

Originally posted by mikey

I have no problem with anyones sexuality, as long as they dont enforce it on me or anyone else for that, just as the same for religion. I have no problem with any religion as long as people dont thrust it down my throat.

Everyone has a right to do whatever they like with there life and finding there sexuality forms part of it.

Seeing two lesbians or gays getting off does nothing for me.

I feel the exact same way as you mikey :) on all counts.

Originally posted by Zamo

Come on Max who ya kidding? What, do all foreigners look the same to you?!?!

When you walk along the street are you honestly telling me you can't tell who is from the Balkans? What, you don't think they have different facial characteristics to their northern neighbours in Germany and Austria? No different from Turks or Greeks in the south? Admittedly, it's not easy to discribe the differences in words but that doesn't mean they don't exist!

Agreed, you can never be 100% certain that someone is an asylum seeker from the Balkan just by looking at them. That said, it doesn't mean fnkysknky was out of order saying the person trying to break into his house from from the Balkans. I'd guess it is probably 98% certain he is right because you CAN tell the difference. If "the balance of probability" is good enough to convict someone of a crime then surely 98% certain is good enough for a forum posting?

I defy anyone not from that area to tell the difference between a Macedonian and a Greek. They used to be the same nation but one is now considered in the Balkans.

Originally posted by max

I defy anyone not from that area to tell the difference between a Macedonian and a Greek. They used to be the same nation but one is now considered in the Balkans.

Well that's helped. At least we can now be fairly certain the buglar probably wasn't from Macedonia!

Probably Kosovan then (joke!)!?!?!;):)

Originally posted by LouiseB

You were getting a dig in as opposed to a boot in then

It is all the same to me

An unnecessary personal attack on someone you dont know from Eve and I am not anti-male, some of my best friends are male

LMAO

If you cannot distinguish between 'a personal attack' which I strongly deny - and ' a rebuttal of your statement(s)', then, sorry, but that is your problem - not mine.

If you cannot distinguish between 'a personal attack' which I strongly deny - and ' a rebuttal of your statement(s)', then, sorry, but that is your problem - not mine.

You said in your own words that you were "getting a dig in"

That means it was personal

You didnt say you were rebutting my statements at the time. I hadnt made any statements for you to rebut. I had already apologised and conceded and rescinded, to the point of editing my own posts.

Strongly deny all you like

It was a personal attack

Originally posted by LouiseB

You said in your own words that you were "getting a dig in"

That means it was personal

You didnt say you were rebutting my statements at the time. I hadnt made any statements for you to rebut. I had already apologised and conceded and rescinded, to the point of editing my own posts.

Strongly deny all you like

It was a personal attack

Now you confuse a 'criticism' with a 'personal attack' - I say, again:'What hyperbole'.

Now you confuse a 'criticism' with a 'personal attack' - I say, again:'What hyperbole'.

If it "feels" like a personal attack, then it is a personal attack

I am not exaggerating when I say it felt like a personal attack, I am stating a fact.

Entry: attack

Function: noun

Definition: verbal assault

Synonyms: abuse, aggression, belligerence, blame, calumny, censure, combativeness, criticism, denigration, denunciation, impugnment, libel, pugnacity, slander, vilification

Antonyms: defense

Concept: criticizing

Source: Roget's Interactive Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.0)

Copyright © 2003 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Archived