Is Derek Dooley Way dangerous?

1960boy

I think its great, my car journy to and from work is now a lot quicker.

Accidents occur because someone is doing something they shouldnt be doing-speeding, not paying attention etc.

Agreed- its x10 better than what was there before.

It's a very busy stretch of road so it's understandable that there will be a few accidents on it. I have observed is the number of traffic lights and junctions on that section of road. I believe this and the heavy traffic make it chaos on there which is not what you want if you travelling along in a car, bike or whatever.

Agreed AO- the number of traffic lights on the is stupid- i looked and can see 3 sets that are not needed immediately just with a bit of thought when they designed it!!! It makes the traffic so stop/start, which will lead to bumps.

It's mainly chaotic because every morning drivers insist in blocking the junction then wonder why other road users get annoyed because they can't cross. If the road is busy then don't cross the junction until its clear, simple as!

It's mainly chaotic because every morning drivers insist in blocking the junction then wonder why other road users get annoyed because they can't cross. If the road is busy then don't cross the junction until its clear, simple as!

If only it were that simple. The experience of most drivers is that if you don't block the junction yourself, then traffic going the other way will block it and you won't get through for ages.

Agreed AO- the number of traffic lights on the is stupid- i looked and can see 3 sets that are not needed immediately just with a bit of thought when they designed it!!! It makes the traffic so stop/start, which will lead to bumps.

I would actually guess that without those lights, traffic flow would be worse