Are you made to feel like an outcast in the foreign country you live in?

I haven’t read over 100 posts although I have scanned through quite a few and the point I would like to ask those that have moved aboard is ……. Did you take you British attitude with you or did you go there to embrace the live style? It seems to me that the problems here stem from foreigners trying to tell us how to do things rather that integrating.

Since SF seems to flooded with people getting on their high horse about legal and illegal immigrants, I though it was about time I asked British people abroad how they are treated. Do you feel welcome in the country you live in?

I've have only come across two people in the 18 months that I've been living in The U.S that disliked me because I'm a foreigner. I feel comfortable and at ease with people in this country:clap:

Hi Tulip I lived in RHODESIA (NOW KNOWN AS ZIMBABWE)for 10 years it was the best years of my life. the people were 1st class,if it had remained as RHODESIA I WOULD STILL BE THERE. iT CHANGED ME AS A PERSON & MY OUTLOOK ON LIFE KIND REGARDS DAVE BARRACLOUGH

I haven’t read over 100 posts although I have scanned through quite a few and the point I would like to ask those that have moved aboard is ……. Did you take you British attitude with you or did you go there to embrace the live style? It seems to me that the problems here stem from foreigners trying to tell us how to do things rather that integrating.

nice one totally agree

I never thought about fitting in or not fitting in when i came to the US, i guess i just blended in without thinking , not untill an American would comment on how nice my" Scottish accent " was (it was a broad Sheffeidl one :) ) that i remembered I wasn't an American...40 odd years later I don't even think about it .

BUT, comming accross a Brit now and then usually from south of England they act like their sH** doesn't stink, there not happy campers meeting other Brits especially if you've been here longer than they have :hihi:

I never thought about fitting in or not fitting in when i came to the US, i guess i just blended in without thinking , not untill an American would comment on how nice my" Scottish accent " was (it was a broad Sheffeidl one :) ) that i remembered I wasn't an American...40 odd years later I don't even think about it .

BUT, comming accross a Brit now and then usually from south of England they act like their sH** doesn't stink, there not happy campers meeting other Brits especially if you've been here longer than they have :hihi:

Its the same when they come to live in Sheffield love they try to change it to match there imagination of what a city should be and are completely cocking us up!

Its the same when they come to live in Sheffield love they try to change it to match there imagination of what a city should be and are completely cocking us up!

What a pile of victim mentality flavoured cack.

Archived