Any answers to depression?

Originally posted by Chloe

I've always been confused about WHY people get depressed. If you're depressed you shouldn't want to 'brag' about it. A lot of people I know who are depressed seem to be proud to have to see Docs about it. I mean, we all have off or low days but I always think, well, stuff it, tomorrow's another day, I've had a cry etc but now it's time to move on.

I think a few were looking to the references you said in this statement Chloe,which clearly say's If you're depressed you shouldn't want to brag about it.A lot of people I know who are depressed seem to be proud to have to see the Docs about it.I mean,we all have off days but I alway's think,well,stuff it,tomorrow's another day,I've had a cry etc but now it's time to move on.

Depression comes in many form's & degrees & should be understood for the seriousness it is,having been there & done it & lost a family member through Clinical Depression & Compulsive Drug Disorder.If you did not mean to offend people who suffer from this terrible illness,just slow down & realise what you are putting in your posts then no one can read different thing's into the post.Cheers No Offence Meant

Look, you're exactly like why most people don't like coming on here! Read into this as much as you want. My ORIGINAL post simply said that THIS is what I do when I feel down, not what I think OTHERS should do. Like FUNKYDAVE, I've also been sat with people who have discussed (and laughed about) their suicide attempts, I don't find it a laughing matter and my original post didn't go against that. So yes, you are being over sensitive, good on yer for admitting it, well done!!

You can all say what you want anyway, I know what my post said and what it read as. So read into whatever you want in whatever way you feel inclined because I don't give 2 hoots, if my opinion doesn't count, neither does yours.

Bye.... for now... again

Well thanks,like I said I do not mean to cause offence with any of my post's but sometimes when I type I get carried away & sometime forgot what I've put in & no I am not losing my memory lol

Archived