Sheffield Corporation Works Engineers Dept?

johnpm

Does anyone know if the Sheffield Corporartion Works Engineers Dept had a Sports or Cricket Club in the early 1900's ?

My granddad has a medallion engraved E.W.S.C.C. Batting Prize 1902 and it has been suggested this may stand for Engineering Works Sheffield Cricket Club?

John

Does anyone know if the Sheffield Corporartion Works Engineers Dept had a Sports or Cricket Club in the early 1900's ?

My granddad has a medallion engraved E.W.S.C.C. Batting Prize 1902 and it has been suggested this may stand for Engineering Works Sheffield Cricket Club?

John

We need CHAIRBOY on this one, he's your cricket expert.

Duffems

Any ideas CHAIRBOY?

Sorry, No. 1902 was the year Webster Booth was born. I'm not that long in the tooth! Nor is REDFYRE but I wonder if he can help? The name sounds very much like a team which played in the Sheffield Cricket League. Redfyre has a greater interest in local cricket whereas mine was First Class.

Sorry, No. 1902 was the year Webster Booth was born. I'm not that long in the tooth! Nor is REDFYRE but I wonder if he can help? The name sounds very much like a team which played in the Sheffield Cricket League. Redfyre has a greater interest in local cricket whereas mine was First Class.

Thanks for your input CHAIRBOY.

Duffems

Archived