Should life mean life?

SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?

I personally can't understand how people can murder others these days and get a matter of a few years. Only recently did I read of a man murdering a baby yet he got sent down for manslaughter even though he'd blatently abused this child and ultimately killed it by smashing it's head against something

He got 6 years. Pathetic. Whats that, out in three? Less infact

'Life' means nothing here anymore. You really can get away with murder

I personally can't understand how people can murder others these days and get a matter of a few years. Only recently did I read of a man murdering a baby yet he got sent down for manslaughter even though he'd blatently abused this child and ultimately killed it by smashing it's head against something

He got 6 years. Pathetic. Whats that, out in three? Less infact

'Life' means nothing here anymore. You really can get away with murder

If he got 6 years, then he didn't get life. (if in UK)

If he got 6 years, then he didn't get life. (if in UK)

Yes, sorry, I don't think I explained myself too well. I just meant he SHOULD have got a life sentence which is what here? 20/25 years? No parole.

Not 6 years when he did infact commit murder

Yes, sorry, I don't think I explained myself too well. I just meant he SHOULD have got a life sentence which is what here? 20/25 years? No parole.

Not 6 years when he did infact commit murder

If they got 6 years, I don't think they could have been convicted of murder. Murder has minimum 15 years 'sentence'. (perhaps allowed out early though - (again not 100%).)

Edited by *_ash_*
added not 100% sure

I'm not an expert Kes, but if they got 6 years, I don't think they could have been convicted of murder. Murder has minimum 15 years 'sentence'. Perhaps allowed out early though - (again not 100%).

No, they were convicted of manslaughter even though they clearly did murder the baby. Not to a courtroom/the police though I assume. When I say clearly I mean this child (and others I have seen in the news) have taken abuse over their entire lives and then get a final blow that kills them. That, to me, is murder

No, they were convicted of manslaughter even though they clearly did murder the baby. Not to a courtroom/the police though I assume. When I say clearly I mean this child (and others I have seen in the news) have taken abuse over their entire lives and then get a final blow that kills them. That, to me, is murder

I've been looking for links, so my last post has been quoted differently...

I was reading this page, but it's too long to explain so I'll post it... it's slightly more complicated than the simple word 'life'. As I suspected.

As for your case being manslaughter rather than murder, that's more a debate about miscarriages of justice rather than what 'life' should mean. I'm not helping either, only a few posts and completely off topic.. :hihi:

my last word.