Should life mean life?

SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD LIFE MEAN LIFE?

If you're so pleased about the fact that people can be killed in Florida, why is the little girl's death upsetting you? That makes no sense.

You cannot differentiate between an innocent defenceless little girl of seven and someone who is bestial and depraved enough to destroy that little girl's life and maybe violated her before she died?

Get the blinkers off. But maybe you'd feel better if he got "Life" and then paroled for good behaviour 15 years from now.

You cannot differentiate between an innocent defenceless little girl of seven and someone who is bestial and depraved enough to destroy that little girl's life and maybe violated her before she died?

What I cannot differentiate, is between someone who believes it's okay to kill (ie.the murderer), and someone who thinks it's okay to kill (ie. you.)

What I cannot differentiate, is between someone who believes it's okay to kill (ie.the murderer), and someone who thinks it's okay to kill (ie. you.)

Hence the reason why we now live in a society where criminals rights are more important than the victims.

An eye for an eye

If you're so pleased about the fact that people can be killed in Florida, why is the little girl's death upsetting you? That makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense to me what Harleyman says. He is pleased that if/when the monster who took that little girl's life is caught, he will get a punishment fit for the crime committed which will prevent him from ever returning to the streets and taking someone else's little girl away.

I don't think Harleyman man would be happy to have any old Tom, Dick and Harry killed in Florida, just those people who murder little girls and other people! i.e, A life for a life if the murder is proven in a court of law to be of the first degree.

I do think the term 'life' as we use it in this counrty is very misleading. I think it would be clearer to state number of years the defendant is to serve unless he/she is never to be released.

I can in this case. Some crimes are so horrific that nothing less than execution is a suitable punishment.

The FBI will be involved in this case since the little girl was taken across state lines from Florida into Georgia. Pretty sure the person will soon be caught.

Whoever did it will be better off being executed anyway. There are some pretty nasty criminals in US prisons who've commited all kinds of crimes but one thing they dont accept is child killers. If he got life and was kept in isolation it would only be a matter of time before other prisoners would find a way to get to him

Life should mean life , but until we get a government that stands up to the leftie apoligists for criminals ,it will never happen

Did you not read the link that showed what each countries life sentence was, we're about in the middle. Did you see a relationship between the political leaning of each country to how long their life imprisonment is?