Online Practice Driving Theory test

Have you spoke to your drivinig instructor? As they normally have a dvd you could borrow to practice what sort of questions you will get during the test. If not, its available to buy at any decent book stores as long as you get the upto date version.

Good luck.

Hi,

I passed my theory test exam 2 months back on the first attempt. You have got sufficient time but you need to start preparing now.

Buy books / CDs or go online for preparation, mainly whatever suits you the most. I would prefer going online or buy a CD. It helps in taking innumerable practice tests. Concentrate on HPT section more. But overall dont be nervous, u will pass through...

• 5 years later...
My theory test is next month and I am very nervous. Can you please suggest as to how should I prepare for it???

Theory is so easy its almost a joke. Anyone who fails this shouldnt really be driving. If youre of semi reasonable intelligence then youll be fine. Its multiple choice and some of the choices are daft so even if you dont know the right answer you can work it out by eliminating the stupid ones.

Good luck :)

Timeh has taken the trouble to revive an old thread but has not realised how out of date he/she is.

While it is true that the questions are asked in multiple choice format and a semi-intelligent guess will serve the candidate well in a good few questions, the DVSA stopped publishing the question bank some years ago. They also re-jigged the question bank and added enough new ones to make it a bit difficult for the chancers. In any case, there were and are enough questions in any test that require knowledge of facts and figures, so no amount of guessing will secure a pass.

So better, non-dismissive advice might involve reading the Highway Code and Driving: the essential skills and/or subscribing to https://www.dvsalearningzone.co.uk/

- the new site launched this year that allows the DVSA (cynic in me) to earn some money out of the process.