Which is the worst pub in Sheffield?

Nicesheff

if you think the birleys rough you can,t have been in the windsor,golden keys, the magpie or many estate pubs.

I've been to see bands play at the Birley. It might not be the poshest pub in the world, but I wouldn't hesitate to go back if they still have decent live music.

There are pubs in Sheffield where I wouldn't go even if I had a couple of armed guards.

beggar and gentleman, i think its hoyland, boy is that a dive, 14 yr olds drinking in there, drug dealing, the carpets are filthy, the whole place wants closing down.

Can't disagree with that; in 8 years of living down the road I've only been in a couple of times and once the one real ale went off, so did I.

Though if you think the Beggar & Gentleman is bad, you should try the others such as the G&T bar, Porters and The Gate. No wonder I have to go into Sheffield if I want to drink decent beer in pleasant surroundings!

Archived