Which is the worst pub in Sheffield?

Nicesheff

i really dont see why people have a problem with the bankers :confused: its full of interesting characters' date=' plenty of room chairs/tables, cheap "pub" food, cheap real ale, nice real(ish) fire, no loud music to shout over if you want a chat, easy to get to/from with public transport, pretty close to other things/places, if using as a meeting point. (....and no i dont work there, nor know anyone that does)[/quote']

Sounds like a euphomism to me. Interesting characters could mean anything.

What a surprise coming from the competition. Do they complain about the service in your pub?

So how much is a pint of Pedigree in the Moorfoot Tavern these days?

I don't really think that the Moorfoot Tavern and Wetherspoons on Cambridge Street could be said to be in direct competition with each other? Two totally different kettles of fish here, as different as chalk and cheese...

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf

"Any of the pubs in Grenoside but especially the Angel. It's like a chavs' youth club!"

What is so bad about the angel? seen lots of people complaining about it but looks ok from the outside. I haven't been in to be fair but I imagined it was a good pub?

I don't really think that the Moorfoot Tavern and Wetherspoons on Cambridge Street could be said to be in direct competition with each other? Two totally different kettles of fish here, as different as chalk and cheese...

But still you feel the need to eat there and then complain about it on a forum.

So how much does a pint of real ale cost in the Moorfoot Tavern and how was the place rated on scoresonthedoors?

What a surprise coming from the competition. Do they complain about the service in your pub?

So how much is a pint of Pedigree in the Moorfoot Tavern these days?

Couple of problems with your post.

Firstly, they dont sell pedigree any more (and havent for a fair while)

And secondly, the forum member that you were quoting has nothing to do with the general running of the moorfoot tavern, so how can they be "the competition"

One of the pubs near Langsett Road tram stop was shocking. I forget the name now, it may even be closed.

On a Sunday afternoon it was “topless barmaids”. Basically Big Brenda in her mid 40’s who worked there all the time would whap her baps on the bar for a couple of hours. It was enough to put you off your pickled egg.

There was always people coming and going around 7am as well. Convinced it was an early hours drinking den.

Archived