Meersbrook sheffield 8

bcm56

I most certainly remember "Pop" Edlington. He used to take us for maths and at certain times he would invoke a rule, that he'd made up, allowing him to cane the boy who came last in any of his tests. Never a girl mind you. On more than one occasion that boy happened to be me. Funnily enough I became an accountant in later life. Mr Cartright was a really nice guy and in some perverse way I also liked (respected?) Mr Roach.

My final year's form teacher was a Mrs. Lidell (spelling?) and:) faithfull old "Dobbin" for geography.

Best wishes.

Dorset

Can you recall Dobbin's name? I believe his nickname came about because he somewhat resembled Muffin the Mule, cruel kids!

Oh, I hated Mr.Roach with a passion, I had no respect at all for such a sadistic teacher, Mr.Cartright was another type of teacher altogether, he did receive my respect.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I lived on Rushdale Road, from 1942 to 1964, when we emigrated to Australia. A good pal was Malcolm Wright, who lived at 87? Upper Valley Road, he had a younger sister, Hazel. Would love to hear from Mac, and anyone else who remembers me....Ed Harvey.

Yes, we grew up together, were the same age, very good friends. I lived at 110 Rushdale Road, second house from the corner greengrocer. Also knocked around with Peter Robinson, Lol & Ron Richardson, Howard Blackwell, David & Graham Fairbanks, David Edwards, Ron Hill, Derek Blades, Derek Marsden, Graham Bowser, all from Rushdale Road. Mac Wright lived second house up from Kent Hill, on the left hand side, next door to Coopers. Also remember Steeles, Collis, Dales, Billards, Memmots, Duckers, Darlings & others from UV Road.

Archived