Can anyone remember a local cable tv?

I used to do doorstep rental collection for British Relay around '72/'73. We used to do our accounts at the offices above the shop on the Moor. I bet I knew you Hutch.
:help:As i was at 61 The Moor from 1967 until i moved to the Rotherham shop in 1976 our paths must have crossed do you remember the domino sessions with Fred Green.you will remember Jack Spooner and others, so come on who are you?

Hi Hutch. My memory is hopeless. Was Fred the manager? If so I was only there for a short while after he came.Spooner rings a bell but can't place him, was he an old chap? I remember Vin and Dennis who lived Hillsborough way,a lad about my age called Bob from Woodseats, a chap from Derbyshire Lane works, Fletcher? smoked a pipe, his son in law whose name escapes me, was a collector, he went on to work as a barber at John Fanthams on Division St. A tall girl called Sue worked in the office. Couple of other girls whose names again escape me but you WOULD remember those! Frank Prince, Geoff Hale,Snelson?? A salesman who played drums, had a smashed up Lotus2+2?? A collector called John who played trumpet in a band. Come on Hutch, fill me some gaps in, my brain hurts.

Andy

Hi Hutch. My memory is hopeless. Was Fred the manager? If so I was only there for a short while after he came.Spooner rings a bell but can't place him, was he an old chap? I remember Vin and Dennis who lived Hillsborough way,a lad about my age called Bob from Woodseats, a chap from Derbyshire Lane works, Fletcher? smoked a pipe, his son in law whose name escapes me, was a collector, he went on to work as a barber at John Fanthams on Division St. A tall girl called Sue worked in the office. Couple of other girls whose names again escape me but you WOULD remember those! Frank Prince, Geoff Hale,Snelson?? A salesman who played drums, had a smashed up Lotus2+2?? A collector called John who played trumpet in a band. Come on Hutch, fill me some gaps in, my brain hurts.

Andy

Hi Andy I cannot remember you,yes Fred was the manager i was down in the showroom with Colin Simmonds dark haired older than me i was 26 in 1957, plus girls on the payment counter lots of laughs over the years, Snelsons was the tv firm taken over by BR you may be thinking of Sid Snell. Jack Spooner was an older man lived at Lowedges,--- Fletcher worked at D Lane plus Sue.i remember but have lost track of others. there was the collector who was found dead at home with all the customer books and money in front of him now that is dying on the job.that was around 1973. as i managed around 8 shops for visionhire / Granada after that my memmory bank is full or worn out.but i did retire at 58 brilliant.

Yes i can confirm sheffield had a cable company in the Mid 70's it was run by British relay and relayed BBC 1,2, Yorkshire tv and Atv. it also transmitted a few radio stations.it also made local programs from its studios on matilda street and was called Sheffield Cable Vision,I remember chatting to one of the camera men at the Sheffield show in the 70s (i think he was called alf Tucker) he lived near me in thoes days.

• 5 years later...
While at Hurlfield school about 1973ish we had cable tv film a school production of Peer Gynt. Was wondering if anyone remembers this or knows what company it was?

I was in the play and remember being filmed. I think we were a test subject to see if the system worked. The Hurlfield drama club produced Peer Gynt and I believe it was for Sheffield Cablevision. By the way I played a troll (nothing much changed there):)

Archived