Leadmill Gig problem???

Hey

I just wondered if anyone knew how strict the leadmill is on ID as I really want to take my sister to a gig there but it is over 18s and she is 16. It isn't about underage drunkeness it's just about her wanting to see a band. I'm 21.

dc :)

Leadmill on club nights can be quite strict on ID , i sometimes still get asked for ID and im 20.

Never been asked on a gig night ,i suppose risk it buy tickets and if you cant get in then sell them in the howard or whatever.

They have over 14 gigs, and legally speaking, they can't apply for an age limit licence for a specific gig. If the admit 14 year olds for some gigs dependant on time, then they have to admit the same age range. As the leadmill actually shuts after a gig with the exception of saturday nights, I don't think they've a leg to stand on IMHO.

Originally posted by TheWatcher

They have over 14 gigs, and legally speaking, they can't apply for an age limit licence for a specific gig. If the admit 14 year olds for some gigs dependant on time, then they have to admit the same age range. As the leadmill actually shuts after a gig with the exception of saturday nights, I don't think they've a leg to stand on IMHO.

It states on tickets and websites if its over 18's or not.

And they do stay open after gigs , i stayed in the mill after the recent coral gig.....

Just to clarify.

We allow 14 - 18 year olds into gigs, dependant on the expected audience. There are licensing implications when we allow under 18's into gigs, which mean that we have to make special arrangements, in terms of bars.

If the ticket say's 18+, we do operate ID checks on customers who look young (as with club nights).

Also, there are very few gigs where we clear the venue, although we do often ask customers to move to the main bar whilst equipment is loaded out of the venue.

Archived