Heavy rock pub - what was it called?

The Druids were not Hells Angels, they were a motorcycle gang who might of worn colors but always vanished if true Hells Angels were around.

Some of the older one's rode bikes and were given a sort of 'respect' but a lot of the younger one's [prospects] were just louts and could be seen on public ttransport as they didn't own a bike.

Originally posted by panda79

i must admit they did look a bit scruffy but dont hells angels have to go through a cereomony of having there leathers soaked in urine and having to wear the said items for weeks on end ?

i think my 9 year old is an hells angel:| :|

Don't know howto do that linc thingie yet, but the photo of the Nelson looks like that corner where a jewelry shop was and a sports shop around that corner, down from the city hall.

hope not, that was a decent corner !

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by expat

I remember 25 years ago going to a little bar it was downstairs exclusively heavy rock music dingy and small but I loved it.

Anyone remember its name.It was close by redgates toy store.It was there after too many beers I decided to leave England.

That is definitley the Nelson Dive Bar I was barman in there 1969-71 and we had the best jukebox in town. We had abig camoflage net strung over the ceiling. God knows what crap was in it because I can never remember it being taken down.

The parties and afters used to go all night sometimes, even the coppers used to come to the back door for a pint at about 2am.

Many times I used to straight to my day job after a couple of hours kip on one of the seats. wounldnt get away with it these days

Originally posted by vanjon

The Minerva changed to the Yorkshire Grey, opposite the Roebuck.

The Blue Angels originated from Glasgow I think.

Does anyone remember Mckloskeys Apockalypse [3 piece band with a mad fiddle player]?l

Yes! And the crazy guy with the great coat doing 'Wild Thing'

At the Broadfield and White Lion among other places

Originally posted by thejoker

i noticed reading through the replys no bodys mentioned the

buccaneer bar on leopold street

what a great place that was plastic glasses

brown ale load music great atmsphere

i.am 51 now but if the buc was stil open i would still be going

Buccaneer

Originally posted by vanjon

The Minerva changed to the Yorkshire Grey, opposite the Roebuck.

The Blue Angels originated from Glasgow I think.

Does anyone remember Mckloskeys Apockalypse [3 piece band with a mad fiddle player]?l

I have a photo taken in Weston Park in the 70,s, but you can only see the fiddle player from the front.

Weston Park Free Concerts 70's

Archived