Lincoln Christmas Market - is it worth it?

I've wanted to go for a few years but didnt fancy taking the kids with the crowds!

This year its over our first wedding anniversary weekend, and my mums already said she'll have them for a couple of nights so we can go away to celebrate.

I've been looking for hotels, naturally all the ones in the centre are full so we'll have to stay a little further afield and use the park and ride. Not a problem, until I saw that it costs £12 to use the service! :o

By the time we've paid for this, the hotel and the petrol we're looking at £200 before we even get inside the market!

So....is it worth it or should I look somewhere else?

You can only walk through the market one way and go out of the exit at the other side, then have to walk back through the street to get back to the starting point, if your parked near to the entrance its quite a walk back.

It was very muddy when we went, and I didnt think it was as great as advertised or that I expected, been once wouldnt go again, but have talked to others who enjoyed it.

Parking is a nightmare.

Carol singing in the Cathedral is quite an experience, if you go on the right day - Saturday I think.

Not sure I'd fork out £200 on the whole experience though. Better going on the same day, although it is a long, tiring day.

Archived