Lincoln Christmas Market - is it worth it?

Loads of great ideas here - thanks! I'm looking for a hotel as the kids are having a couple of nights with their aunt so we're making the most of it :D. It does mean it can't be too far from Alford in Lincolnshire though. I love York, but am struggling to find an affordable city centre hotel :(

Loads of great ideas here - thanks! I'm looking for a hotel as the kids are having a couple of nights with their aunt so we're making the most of it :D. It does mean it can't be too far from Alford in Lincolnshire though. I love York, but am struggling to find an affordable city centre hotel :(

I stayed in the cheapest I could fnd this summer - £60 for two a night - Hilton Guest House, near the hospital within walking distance of the walls! Loads better than I expected!!! Huge victorian beds, well decorated and a decent breakfast, but it was a shared bathroom:(

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Well that wasn't anywhere near what I thought/heard it would be.. It was quite small really, and it was pretty much the same stall repeated over and over again with very overpriced stuff.. The same stuff that I could buy from any shop in Sheffield and have done. The best bit was the food stalls, all the food was lovely and I ended up buying too much chutney and a huge Christmas pudding :D

Archived