LEGO...memories and facts .....

I remember LEGO being the most popular toy in my childhood and with all my friends. I have compiled some facts and thoughts about this wonderfull stuff!!....

* There was allways other little toys mixed up in the box with it.

* You allways had a piece that had been chewed that would'nt click in correctly..but it was never thrown away.

* When you searched the settee for small change for the ice cream van...you allways found a brick down the back.

* Treading on a LEGO brick bare foot is equal pain to treading on a three pin plug.

* The little people that came in the sets all had a smile on thier face.

* Everyone who i have asked have tried to make a LEGO shoe at some time.

I love LEGO, used to play with it all the time.

I think it was what took my time up before our house got a PC.

I had the underwater station thingy and loads of other mini ones.

Might dig it out again this summer :D

(yes...I am 18!)

I'm know I'm ancient and hurtling towards fifty faster than I'd like but does anyone else remember the little flowers? They came with a little tool to dib them in with....

Gardening was so much easier back then.....

Lego was fantastic. I remember many years of joy as I built new and exciting things with the various Lego series that were introduced over the years. Come to think of it, I was gutted when the time came to get rid of it when I was about 16. I do believe my Lego was adopted by a cousin (sod).

Thanks for the Lego facts, Cruella!!

Lego was great, it's still good now, but you don't get sets where you can make anything, you make a car (or whatever) and thats it, you used to get a little booklet with ideas in it.

Redgates had the best Lego department ever, though the Lego shop in Birmingham is very cool, you can buy bricks by weight.

Lego was defo my toy of choice as a kid. So many combinations and possibilities and it really encouraged creativity in a kid.

I also made a game for Lego. Got to visit the UK Lego HQ down in Slough (and I wasn't playing on all the Lego toys while I should have been working ... much).

Originally posted by Jamie

Lego was defo my toy of choice as a kid. So many combinations and possibilities and it really encouraged creativity in a kid.

Let's hope the toy I saw in the shops at xmas don't encourage todays kids to be...er..creative! It wasn't lego but v similar in style. It might have been called Safecracker or something like but the kit included two little figures in burglar gear, inc masks, swag bag n' stubbly chins. a safe, money and explosives. Think there might have been a policeman too (complete with paperwork). I'm keeping an eye out for little figures in Burberry next.....

I've still got mine. It's really old stuff, the sort that only came in red or white bricks, and I didn't have any of the little men. :( But I've got lots of funny bits of Lego like old road signs, and bits with company Logos on from the 60s and 70s. I still like to play with it now and then, but at least I haven't got big brothers coming and nicking bits off my models to make their own. :)

Archived