Chav party this sunday at the halcyon

Originally posted by nick2

* yawn *

I used to think Halcyon was a good bar.

really? :confused: whatever gave you that idea?:confused:

Whilst this is probably taking the analysis of a "chav party" too far I'm going to proceed nevertheless. It would seem apparent that Halcyon is hosting a 'chav party' to poke fun at chavs. Whilst I'm all in favour of a little 'chav-bashing' now and again it does seem that those who frequent Halcyon (and will probably be in attendance at the aforementioned 'chav party') are there merely to make plain that they feel they're innately superior in some way. Therefore it would seem that the chav party is somewhat supercilious!

All this being said, I can't help but wonder whether the Toni&Guy mullet growing, G-star jean wearing, fake tanning crew that frequent the Devonshire Green area have nothing better to do with their time than immitate chavs? Furthermore, one might even dare to suggest that immitation is the highest form of displaying one's veneration for a particular group of citizens!

'Chav Party' at the Halcyon? And people have the nerve to say All Bar One is pretentious........

Is it not just a theme for a fancy dress party? Like an 80's party.

The last 2 threads are unbelievebly pompous. 'Greenback' says he doesn't need to feel superior to working class people to have a good time, then assumes if any 'real Chav's' turn up, they'll start causing mischief!

And, what the dickens does this mean; "Furthermore, one might even dare to suggest that immitation is the highest form of displaying one's veneration for a particular group of citizens!"

Originally posted by Nelly

Is it not just a theme for a fancy dress party? Like an 80's party.

The last 2 threads are unbelievebly pompous. 'Greenback' says he doesn't need to feel superior to working class people to have a good time, then assumes if any 'real Chav's' turn up, they'll start causing mischief!

And, what the dickens does this mean; "Furthermore, one might even dare to suggest that immitation is the highest form of displaying one's veneration for a particular group of citizens!"

It means that you could put forward the idea that by some logic immitating the way in which chavs dress is a sort of respect or admiration for them. You dress up like one for 'fun' - are you really dressing up or do you secretly want to be one?

I don't feel that I need to answer a charge of being pompous from someone who supports having 'fun' at another social grade's expense. In essence, "look at us... we're so cool because we can dress up like chavs.... we're so much better..." That's pomposity at its worst!

Archived