Chav party this sunday at the halcyon

Originally posted by robbie

I'd go one further.

I think the designer cloth wearing orange Mullet heads are the new chavs.

They are a distinct group:

1: they all have stuopid hairstyles.

2: theie shirts cost more than I earn in a week.

3: They wear stuff that looks absolutely stupid but it has a tiny Vivienne Westwood logo on it.

4; They all glow in the dark.

5: They all spend lots of time discussing what they earn.

Just so I can get this right, your slagging of people for taking the **** out of "chavs" but then you do exactly the same thing to the people you assume go to Halcyon (I'm guessing you've never actually been), stereotyping them by appearance, doesn't that make you just as bad ?

p.s. Last time I went to Halcyon I had on a £15 Levis T-shirt, if you earn less than that a week no wonder you don't get out much.

There is so much venom on this forum it is untrue. Every thread seems to end up slagging off people .

This party is more than likely just a bit of fun - why don't you all just chill out, there really is no need to take life so seriously.

I cannot believe that you start a thread accusing this party of being discriminative & then end it by doing just that to another set of people.

The hypocrisy....

i dont think that "chavs" should be encouraged.......Trisha has got away with it for years

people take the mickey out of all "chavs". and i dont think that its anything to do with wear you live or how much money youve got.

wayne rooney is always in the media being labeled as one.

its just more of a behaviour or a way of life.

Originally posted by nick2

Just so I can get this right, your slagging of people for taking the **** out of "chavs" but then you do exactly the same thing to the people you assume go to Halcyon (I'm guessing you've never actually been), stereotyping them by appearance, doesn't that make you just as bad ?

p.s. Last time I went to Halcyon I had on a £15 Levis T-shirt, if you earn less than that a week no wonder you don't get out much.

I've been several times thank you very much (I have mates who go there all the time (with mullets:D ).

My post wasn't serious btw.....

Originally posted by JonJParr

It means that you could put forward the idea that by some logic immitating the way in which chavs dress is a sort of respect or admiration for them. You dress up like one for 'fun' - are you really dressing up or do you secretly want to be one?

I don't feel that I need to answer a charge of being pompous from someone who supports having 'fun' at another social grade's expense. In essence, "look at us... we're so cool because we can dress up like chavs.... we're so much better..." That's pomposity at its worst!

My point was - its a fun, fancy dress party. How do you know people attending will have the attitude you mention above. Maybe people attending will be there to celebrate Chavism, not think they are better than them.

If Wayne Rooney is an example of a Chav, I'd love to be one!

Yeah could be accused of taking it too seriously but my god.....classist is as bad as racist or sexist or homophobic - it's all boring.....

Maybe being a self-righteous whiney middle class fool bout this but I don't really like all this chav chav stuff. This country's got a massive widening gap between the haves-a-lot and the haves-not-a-great-deal cos of our consumerist culture and economic structure. Talking segregation based on wealth, health and education and no city demonstrates it better than sheffield where you've got a north /south divide within a city. So for those who benefit to sit and have a good larf at those who don't......bit pathetic.

Bit of fun maybe but then they said that about black and white minstrels. Don't like it - it's ugly not funny.

Archived