Clamping now in force at Meadowhall

It appears that Meadowhall have now employed a company of car clampers to enforce parking on their car parks. I believe it is well signed so there will be no comebacks as such. I don't have a problem with that but I have it on good authority that they are being very "enthusiastic" with the rules.

I'm not aware of any time limits but a aware that people have been clamped for minor indiscretions such as straddling the parking bays.

Nice timing as this is now leading up to the busiest time of the year.

You have been warned:D

good- i can't stand it when someone takes up 2 spaces just because they can't be borthered to straighten up there ford fiesta!

Yep. Clamp them. The number of times I have been there at busy times only to see two spaces taken but one idiot who can't/can't be arsed to park within the lines or just parked on the end of a row, blocking the road, because they are too impatient to wait for a space.

any terms they want- its private land

wrong on that one scott - they can try and impose them, but realistically in law you're only obliged to pay a fee which represents how much you've put them out by parking there.

There are examples where people have paid a couple of quid ie: the cost of a parking ticket, to get out of these, and clampers have backed down.

I have tools in my boot though :D

wrong on that one scott - they can try and impose them, but realistically in law you're only obliged to pay a fee which represents how much you've put them out by parking there.

There are examples where people have paid a couple of quid ie: The cost of a parking ticket, to get out of these, and clampers have backed down.

I have tools in my boot though :D

a very interesting point.

Parking can get quite mad there

but clampers?

They will have paid a fair bit for the rights

wont be long before they are using every trick in the book to clamp

best keep a grinder in the car

Archived